Inquiry on car seat

Jesslynn1

Hi I have a question regarding a car seat I'm looking to purchase. It's the evenflo symphony dlx platinum series all in one convertible. I wanted to know if it will be compatible with my vehicle before I purchase it. I have a 2014 Santa Fe sports.

Thanks

ADS

rin2809

Unfortunately, it may be hard for someone here to tell you 100% if the seat is compatible with your vehicle. I don't have any experience with that particular vehicle, and whether or not it fits may depend on how much space you need in the front seats. Are you, or anyone riding in the passenger seat, particularly tall? Most seats will fit in most vehicles rear facing, but larger front to back seats like the Symphony may require the front seat to be very far forward and upright.

That seat does have the premium push on LATCH, so if you are installing with LATCH, it will be fairly easy.

The best thing that you can do is go to a Babies R Us if you have one near you and try it in your vehicle. They will let you take the floor model out to your vehicle to test if you give them your driver's license at customer service. Then you will be able to know for sure if it fits (even if you don't buy it from there).

Jesslynn1

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking of going to babies r us to have a look at it beforehand. I did not know they allow you to test the seat in your car. Thanks for the information. It will mostly either be myself or family but no one extremely tall. I am aware that the symphony is on the bigger side. Thanks :)

1mommy

Can I ask what is attracting you to the seat? I just wanted to make sure you knew that if you liked the Latch feature, that it has a weight limit of 65 pounds combined child and car seat weight, and the seatbelt is just as safe as latch. It's also not the longest lasting All in One Seat, especially if you want to rear face past 2. If you list what you like about it and your child's weight and height, we can suggest a few other seats for you to look at while you are at babies r us.

Jesslynn1

Besides the latch system feature, I like the fact that it is spacious and I been always with the evenflo brand. It also has the new outlast performance fabric that absorbs hot and cool air that balances your child's body temperature and has the buckle pockets that prevent buckle burns.

I would appreciate suggestions on other brands as well. My child is 8 months. 19lbs and 30inches in height

rin2809

In the same price range or actually a little cheaper, to get the same features (RF, FF and HBB) it wouldn't hurt to take a look at the Graco Milestone and Safety 1st Go and Grow while you are at Babies R Us. The Graco 4Ever is also really nice, but runs about $50 more. If space ends up being an issue with the Symphony the 4Ever may actually be a good solution as it is pretty small front-to-back, or so I have been told.

Not trying to talk you out of the symphony by any means, I am actually an Evenflo lover too. Whether it is a good fit for you will depend on your RF goals and ease of use for you.

Jesslynn1

I appreciate your advice. I'll look into the other brands. I was also looking at graco and safety 1st. I do want to obviously have RF as long as I can. Just looking for safety and comfort. Something that reclines back a bit and good enough support and padding as babies head tends to tilt forward all the way when he falls asleep. He's outgrown his evenflo bucketseat.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I appreciate your advice. I'll look into the other brands. I was also looking at graco and safety 1st. I do want to obviously have RF as long as I can. Just looking for safety and comfort. Something that reclines back a bit and good enough support and padding as babies head tends to tilt forward all the way when he falls asleep. He's outgrown his evenflo bucketseat.

If you want to rear-face for a long time, the Milestone would also be a good bet. They have it at my babies r us, but I don't know if they have it at all of them.

The Symphony is fairly compact front-to-back, but that's because it is quite short for rear-facing. It also has a 37" standing height limit for rear-facing. I like it as a seat, but it is just not going to last as long as many others on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC