Input on fit please?

MamaChirpy

Hey again!

I took some pics today while we were out and wanted some input on how my kids are fitting their seats. This whole upheaval happened when I moved my youngest (9 months) from her infant seat into the Graco Size4Me a couple weeks ago. (I haven't had a chance to test it much because we haven't bee anywhere due to illness.) This bumped my almost 3 year old into a harnessed booster. (Tried both the Nautilus and Recaro Performance Sport. Not happy with either fit.)

We have played musical seats the last couple days trying to get everyone to where they need to be.
This is how I have the Nautilus adjusted for my DS. It seems like he almost needs the headrest down another click.

b75368e70d0af347e496a3572af5e2aa.jpg
5708f443855f19d23f01b5b2f31699ed.jpg

But when I put it down another click, It seems like it cramps his shoulders.

(He was tired of taking pictures. Ha!)
92300cba132e0366b3b77a520737c1cb.jpg

This is my DD in her Recaro. Her poor legs look soooo long in this seat but it comes up to under her knees so I think she is supported correctly?
c2d0d6abebc542ddf2eb225cd21bd3d5.jpg

Question about "at or just below the shoulders." I bought a Scenera Next today to put my 9 month old in so I can move DD3 back to her Graco Size4Me. This is where the closest slot to her shoulder is. It is technically a little over her shoulder, not AT her shoulder. So... Should I move the strap to the slot below the one my finger is pointing to? This would make the strap come up and bend over her shoulder....

3c94b2cd037a283ccbcdbb190f2c85d4.jpg

Thank you for any advice/opinions. [emoji4]

Mama to 4 little stair steps
www.chirpylove.wordpress.com

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The child in the Nautilus needs to use the higher slots.

The child in the Recaro needs her chest clip raised. It is difficult to tell where her straps are in relation to her shoulders, but I think it is okay.

The baby needs lower slots. The ones to which you are pointing are not just barely above her shoulders; those slots are too high for now.

MamaChirpy

The child in the Nautilus needs to use the higher slots.

The child in the Recaro needs her chest clip raised. It is difficult to tell where her straps are in relation to her shoulders, but I think it is okay.

The baby needs lower slots. The ones to which you are pointing are not just barely above her shoulders; those slots are too high for now.

Ok thanks!

Yes, the chest clip is not in its proper place. She was hamming for the camera and I did have her raise it before we took off. [emoji4]

Thanks very much.

Mama to 4 little stair steps
www.chirpylove.wordpress.com

AllieK

I totally get your frustration about the too high/too low harness straps!! I just had to raise my DS' harness in our MySize and I feel like they're a mile above his head, but one click lower is below his shoulders. In a few weeks he will have grown a bit and it will look better.

My DD is RF in a Sureride and again I feel like the straps are a mile below her shoulders! There's a big gap between the 3rd and 4th harness slots and the 4th is way above her shoulders so it stays for now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC