Infiniti EX35 and 2RF seats!

EmeraldNYL

I just found out I'm pregnant with #2 due in April (suprise!!)  DS will be 27 months when the new baby comes.
Here is my issue: I currently drive a 2008 Infiniti EX35 which is not paid off yet.  The backseat is microscopic.  My SnugRide 35 fit behind the passenger, but only with the passenger eating dash.  I currently have a Classic MA behind the passenger with a little more room, although I have it touching the front seat, even though my owners manual prohibits this (it does not turn off the airbag light).
So, what do I do when #2 arrives?  I cannot fit either seat behind the driver and still safely drive (and I'm only 5'4"!!).  I tried to see if I could install either seat in the middle and the middle seat is so narrow that I could not get a safe install.  A radian, while narrow, would take up too much front to back space.  So, my only choice is to turn my tiny DS FF at 27 months (only 6th percentile for weight and 20th for height) or buy a new car!!! 
WWYD?  It is my understanding that Britax seats are the best on the market for small front to back space, would a Guide 65 take up less room? I'm leaning towards buying a new car (even though $$ is tight) because my Infiniti has limited cargo space as well.  Anyone have any brilliant ideas?

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I would try a Combi Coccoro - it's both narrow and very small front to back, so it would likely fit in you center seat and you can put the Snugride behind the passenger. Or, put the new baby in it (it does fit newborns very well, if you're open to using a convertible right away) and keep your DS in the Marathon. You can likely fit them side by side if you want to.

EmeraldNYL

I would prefer to use an Infant seat but I do baby wear on occasion. Would the Cocorro take up less space than the SnugRide? Or, would it keep my DS RF until at least age 3? I was also told to consider a Radian with AA by the ladies on Babycenter, but then someone said they have both a Classic MA and a Radian with AA and they take up approx the same room front to back. Can anyone here verify that?

kam1011

I would definitely throw a Coccoro in the mix. You'll have waaaaaaay more room! When I had a coccoro in the back of my husband's tiny Aveo, we could have the front seats all the way back.

Have you tried tilting your front seats more upright in front of the Britax? Then you still have some leg room, but maybe you could get it to not touch. That's important.

atw

EmeraldNYL said:
I would prefer to use an Infant seat but I do baby wear on occasion. Would the Cocorro take up less space than the SnugRide? Or, would it keep my DS RF until at least age 3? I was also told to consider a Radian with AA by the ladies on Babycenter, but then someone said they have both a Classic MA and a Radian with AA and they take up approx the same room front to back. Can anyone here verify that?

That's my combo, and I'd say it's a pretty fair assessment. I think the RN recline a smidge more than the blvd does for most installs...

Eta: I'd also check out the maxi cosi pria, and yes, everything takes up less room than the snug ride front to back, or most do anyway. Cocorro is tiny, and I think 2 is realistic for a small child to rf in. Hopefully someone verifies that. The pria also fits newborns and would very likely get a child to at least 3. Also nice is the head rest bumps in. Or the true fit- if you have lightweights it's headrest is removable until you need it...

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

SeattleRain

My BFF (and her 6'7" husband) has one of these cars. It's not as small as you think. She has a Britax B-Safe behind the passenger seat. I just installed an upright True Fit Premier, which might be a good choice for your older daughter, in their car behind the drivers seat. If you don't need the seat all the way back, you could definitely make it work. Otherwise, I'd also look at a Maxi Cosi Pria.

canadiangie

Hi,

I answered your thread in the Car Safety.

You can get a rear facing Radian with Angle Adjuster in the middle, and if you got a smaller infant seat (Chicco KeyFit would be my top pick in your case) you should be just fine. :)

Are there any experienced techs where you live?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC