Infant car seats? Travel Systems?

TyAndCheyMommy

I am needing to know about infant car seats. I am needing to get one that is very easy for a disabled individual to carry (IE would love it to be lightweight). Also need to have a stroller it can click into. The lighter the stroller the better as well- but it needs to withstand a lot of use.
I am buying a travel system (or seat and stroller separately) for a friend with CP. She can walk, but does have some troubles. She does not have a vehicle, so the system will be used on the bus and in friends vehicles.

Ideas? Suggestions?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Cybex Aton? The carrier is VERY light, and it releases with a very easy push-button system, not the lever you have to pull up on (which I often find difficult, even with full use of my hands).

It is compatible with any stroller compatible with Maxi-Cosi seats, and Cybex also makes some strollers--I think very lightweight ones, too.

Kaitsmom

The Cybex Onyx is very lightweight and the Callisto is a bit bigger but i havent seen it in person. It would be my system of choice if i have another. They both have an umbrella style fold i believe as opposed to the flat fold of most travel system strollers.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'm not sure how the stroller is but the Dorel Comfy Carry is super light and as long as you get the elite that has front-adjust, the seat is super easy to use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC