Infant and Toddler Seat in small cars

U

Unregistered

My husband drives a 2010 Jetta TDI and I drive a 2004 Mazda3 Sedan. My daughter is almost 3, and we have her FF in a Recaro Prosport in the Jetta, and FF in a Diono Radian R120 in the Mazda. She is behind the passenger seat in both cars because we are both tall (hubby is 5-11 and i'm 5-8) and our back seats are small. Right now an adult can sit comfortably in the passenger seat and the driver's seat is pushed further back. Baby #2 is on the way, and we're finding ourselves in a dilemma. We have a Graco Snugride 35 that we used with my daughter when she was a baby, and at that time we put it in the middle of the backseat in both cars and it worked great, but now it will have to be in an outboard position (I don't trust my daughter right next to baby - she will poke/prod baby and try to give it toys/food). Turning my daughter back RF isn't an option - we turned her FF when we did because she met the requirements and because she was getting carsick (vomiting on herself) when RFing but now FF she's fine. So we looked at putting her FF behind driver in both cars, and then infant seat RF behind passenger, but then the driver's seat has to move up (and she'll kick it like crazy) and the passenger seat will be up so far that an adult will not be able to sit there (and we won't be able to go anywhere as a family). Suggestions?

Thanks!

ADS

Mary_Ann

Hi and welcome! Some infant seats to look at for small cars/tall parents are the Chico Keyfit and the Cybex aton. The Aton is the most compact and should allow you a comfortable driving position.

Congrats on the new baby!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC