Inexpensive seats

livilou

It's been decided that a carseat is needed for mother in law's car. I hate the idea, but it's beyond my control.

Anyways, the car is a 2005 (or similar year) Ford Escape. Obviously I need something that will fit in that vehicle. On top of that, I need something where the straps don't dig into the neck (having that problem with the seat in our car), something that is simple to use (MIL is entirely clueless and won't listen to anyone try to explain it to her so I need something that is pretty easy to use) and inexpensive is good.

I'm looking at perhaps a Scenera LX or Evenflo Triumph 65. Opinions?

ADS

Kaitsmom

How old and big is your kiddo?

Why does she need a seat? Would you be able to install it? My child doesnt ride with anyone who wont/cant properly restrain her.

Dmcj13

Forget the Triumph. Don't get me wrong, it is my all time favorite rear facing seat, but I have such a hard time getting a decent install in my MIL's Escape, so we gave her our True fit instead. Maybe try the Scenera or the new Guide 65

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Triumph might be good for the knobs. I'd also look at the MyRide -- I find it very easy to use, rear-facing. The Scenera can be tricky, if she'll be reinstalling, due to the need for noodles and the continuous harness.

livilou

I will be the one installing it. I would never be okay with her in a seat that MIL installed & the most recent stats are in my signature, shes 10 months now though. CA is what bothers her neck now

urwnl

I have a Scenera as extra seat but stopped using it with the grandparents because they can't understand the concept of the continuous loop.

Kaitsmom

Maybe the Cosco Apt, theres an Elite or something that comes with.extra pads and is like $50 at Kmart and Target; they also have a pink one. I dont know how it installs in an Escape, but its a littlr bigger then the Scenera.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC