Question ideas for double stroller

jheimes

My SIL is looking for a new or used double side by side stroller that can hold a newborn and a 30 lb 14 mos old and work until they are out of the stroller stage. She said $150 price range.

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

Most likely won't find a side by side in that price range for that range of kids. You could try searching craigslist for a maclaren twin techno. Or a baby jogger city mini. Albee has a 2011 purple one for 299!

They also have some zooper tangos around that price. You could try cl for one of those, too.

*canon*

Someone under car seat swap has a baby jogger city micro fs. I don't know how much they are asking exactly but it's worth a shot since micros were about half the price of minis new.

tentoes

I wouldn't get a Micro since it has barely any recline (which is needed for the newborn), has a skimpy canopy, smaller wheel (=harder to push) and is heavier than the CIty Mini. Check craigslist for double City Minis.

jheimes

She has changed her mind and decided that she would rather have a front to back because:
1) easier to navigate through narrow aisles
2) easier to find in our rural area

She is considering the babytrend that converts into a sit and stand.
She has a safety 1st 35lb infant seat that she would like to use with it sometimes too.

I saw the new graco grow double and thought it was nice, but don't know how well her seat would work with it.

*canon*

Yikes! I wouldn't get a Baby Trend or Graco, but that's just me.
They don't hold up too well, the push isn't very good, and the doubles are BEASTS (huge and bulky). A sit and stand wouldn't be a very good option with the 14 month old IMO.

If there's a single stroller she likes using, try a Buggy Pod Smorph.
You have to check the compatibility chart to see if it works, though.
http://www.buggypod.com/support_documentation.php

Also, check CL for a Britax B Ready, Uppababy Vista with rumbleseat, or Phil and Ted's Vibe or Vibe 2. Those are the better single/double conversion strollers. IDK how they do with infant carriers, though. I take mine out of the carrier and put them in the stroller seat.

jheimes

Wow, wish that buggy pod was available in our area.

She may have to forfeit ease of push, because you just don't see babyjoggers new or used anywhere around here. I know that she could order, but they aren't in her pricerange.

I think that the BJ mini would be her best option.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC