I need advice on 7 passenger vehicles.

krickison

What years have an 8 passenger odyssey or do all years have that option? Does the 3rd row have 2 tethers? I never expected to be in this situation so it's all new to me.

ADS

MommyShannon

The Ody did change in '11 but the '06+ stack up well too since the 3rd row has 3 top tethers and both captain's chairs have full LATCH. The middle seat or console in the 7 seater is small to remove and then you can slide the passenger's seat over to create more access to the 3rd row or just leave a middle aisle. I love the width of the new Ody's 2nd row BUT since I have 4 kids and have to have someone in the 3rd row, I think the older model fits us better. We just have a small console to store in the garage instead of a whole captain's chair.

hi there i only have two kids but here is something i see no one else has commented on , but the doors on SUV's open out to the side most at a 90 degree angle which when parked in parking lot and trying to get kids out can be hard, so a Van would work much better for you because they slide open so you don't have to worry about not being able to open the doors all the way to get the kids out and get the infant carrier out too. That being said it is important to remember that you can add tethers to which ever Van you chose however you will most likely have to install some with the seat belt. SUVs are good if you have to drive in bad whether or you live on farm it is also important to think about the fact that AWD will make it cost much more, how ever they really aren't that practical if you have that many kids. happy hunting for that just right vehicle.

~Farms wife and mother of 2 girls~

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC