How does Maxi-Cosi Pria compare to Safety 1st Complete Air

benze

I'm looking for a non re-threading seat and people have recommended both the Pria and the CA.

How does the Pria compare to the CA? I couldn't find the Pria anywhere around here so I ended up calling Dorel and was told that it is not yet available in Canada. I have seen sites indicating availability in Sept '12, so don't know if it is worth waiting for it or not.

Does anyone have some first hand knowledge of the two?

Thanks,

Eric

ADS

CuddlyMonsters

I don't own either seat, lol! But I did consider the Maxi-Cost Pria. Though we ended up with a Peg Perego Convertible, it does not require re-threading to adjust. I think the one in Canada goes up to 65lbs FF and 45lbs RF. We like the seat so far as it is super simple to install (well it took me longer to adjsut it to fit my child than it did to installed in car). The only reason why we didn't end up getting the Maxi-Cost Pria is because they are pretty picky when it comes to the exact angle you need to install the seat at. I wanted something that would be quick and easy and simple...

That is just my 0.02, even though I know it is a little off topic...

benze

That is just my 0.02, even though I know it is a little off topic...

No - that's not off topic at all. Thanks! It's exactly the feedback I was looking for. Do you know how it compares to the CA? Which model Peg Pergeo is this? I'm definitely looking for something that isn't particularly "picky".

Thanks,

Eric

Last edited:

CuddlyMonsters

Hi there:

Here is the manufacter's site to the Canadaian version of the seat I have. The Peg Perego Convertible.

http://ca.pegperego.com/babyproducts-catalog/2012/PV+CONVERTIBLE+5_65+LBS

I unforuntely am not sure how it compares to the Complete Air as I don't own that seat. Another reason why we decided on the Peg Pegero Convertible is because I want to ERF. I know my 3 year old son who is 35lbs can even fit into the Peg RF.

I think $ wise and value wise, it is almost like buying a Radian.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
The Pria has the TinyFit insert that makes it fit teeny tiny babies. A 4 lb preemie will most likely fit well in a Pria. The Complete Air has high bottom slots. Many babies won't fit in the CA until about 6 months or so. Both seats have a 40 lbs weight limit and a 40 inch hight limit for rear facing. Dorel sticks hard to that 40" limit. Some parents choose to disregard that but it's what the manufacturer says. The Pria has dual level lines allowing the seat to be installed more upright when rear facing once the baby is a certain age/weight. I do not know if the CA has dual level lines in Canada yet. The dual level lines are not available in the US just yet but they should be coming. That being said, Dorel also sticks to their level lines making the CA take up a lot of room when in the rear facing position.

I hope this information helps.

If I was picking between the two, I would probably go with the Pria.

Brianna

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Since the Pria I have for review right now is thousands of miles away from me at present, I'm working off memory. I could have sworn that there were two level lines but I could be confusing that with the 2 mechanical recline positions. At any rate, the Pria ends up take up less front to back room than the CA when the CA is installed according to the manufacturer's instructions.

benze

I unforuntely am not sure how it compares to the Complete Air as I don't own that seat. Another reason why we decided on the Peg Pegero Convertible is because I want to ERF. I know my 3 year old son who is 35lbs can even fit into the Peg RF.

ERF? I'm not sure what that acronym means...

Thanks!

Eric

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC