Question How can I fit 3 carseats comfortably in my car?

U

Unregistered

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Impala, and yes the backseat is larger then most sedans and most small/mid size suvs, but right now we have a booster seat with back, a convertible car seat facing forward and a Baby trend flex loc infant car seat back there and because they are so bulky they are all smashed together. I have a 3 month old that is 20lbs and 24inches tall and needs to switch to a convertible carseat, a 2 year old that weighs 37lbs and is 39inches tall, and a 7 year old that is 55lbs and 47inches tall. I have looked into the most narrow car seat the radian (which I love but is way over our budget) what seats would you recommend for us to put in our car that would fit comfortably?

ADS

henrietta

I have an Evenflo Secure Kid 300 in a tight 3 across. It's a combo seat (harness forward facing to booster). It & it's clones are fairly narrow. The SK 300 & 400 go to 65 lbs harnessed & the Evenflo Maestro goes to 50 lbs harnessed, which may not be enough for a 2 year old who's already 37 lbs. There's also the Harmony Defender 360, if you can find it at Walmart. It has the same limits as the SK 300. All of these cost b/t $80-140 & can often be found on sale. Another option is tbe Evenflo Sure Ride, convertible w/tallest harness slots besides the Britax Frontier, narrow, & cheap. The Radian would be ideal, but if it's not in the budget, it's not.

It would be helpful to know what seats your older 2 are in and how much growing room they have.

Plus, a backless booster for your oldest can make buckling much easier.

Hths

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC