Question Honda Civic and Radian

kindacute10

My husband and I started talking today about getting a car and he really wants a Honda civic. I don't see that working with 2 rear facing radian's. Does anyone have any experience? Any suggestions? I personally don't see it working for a family of four (we had one with just the one child in an infant bucket seat and it was a tight fit). I just need some proof for the husband.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It'll work! I have two Radians in my Civic all the time! I don't seem to have any photos of two in there, but you can see other configurations here.

DSC_0968.jpg

radianangle-1.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0969.jpg

jgomez411

If your hubby is 6'3", I would be a little worried. We have a 2012 and DH and I are both 5'4" and under and the backseat seems small. I would just be concerned because he would have to have the seat all the way back (when I'm in the passenger seat, I feel cramped if I don't have it all the way back but I have to have it scoote up most of the time so DD doesn't kick the back of the seat. But if you were planning on getting one of the previous model years (2006 I think to 2011) those actually seem larger than mine. Maybe it's just an optical illusion but it wouldn't hurt to check the dimensions out. My friend has a 2006 and regularly has a RF Britax convertible (not sure which) and the two older boys she nannys for in the backseat with no problem but I think it would be uncomfortable in the back of the 2012, IMO

FWIW, in our '97 Civic, long-legged 6'2" DH could push the driver's seat all the way back with a rear-facing SnugRide or Roundabout behind him. It's fit our family of 4 surprisingly well (and with a RideSafer Travel Vest, has even allowed me to carpool and fit 3 kids in the back)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yes, I had two RF at the same time. The one in the center was fully reclined for a smaller baby and the one outboard was much more upright for a toddler.

The Radian, especially with angle adjuster, takes up less room than a fully-reclined infant seat. If your children are older and are able to sit upright, their seats don't need to be at a 45 degree angle. In fact, most older babies and toddlers like their seats more upright. :)

kindacute10

One will be a newborn and the other is over a year but still facing rear. No angle adjuster because in the car we currently borrow it works well without it. Thanks for all the input. I know radians are bigger than a lot of other seats. I think with our Australian shepherd and the two kids it really will be too cramped since it will be our only car. Maybe once we are a 2 car family it will be a better fit to be just his car. I can't imagine going from wi to in all the time cramped

bnsnyde

My husband is 6'4." We didn't try a Radian in our Civic RF. Not saying it can't work...just, I felt he's way too tall? This was all before the angle adjuster came out, but still.

kindacute10

Yeah we will have two rear facing and you can only use the adjuster after 1 so the newborn would still be the issue. I think I have him liking the crv now with the promise of a civic once we become a two car family.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC