Question help to find car seat for almost 4 year old...

saoirse

I have my son....he will be 4 in Jan -approx 40lbs
ff in a GN...we drive a 2004 Honda CRV

my problem is that he falls asleep in the car frequently and his head falls straight down ( like only a kids deep sleep can do...)

I am going to get my 1 year old dd an XT and I was wondering how they are ff??

Are there any seats that he can sleep in safely and comfortably?

thank you all for looking

ADS

Twinklefae

edit: Why did I think you were brand new, first post. Never mind. Nice to see you again!

First of all, at your son is safe in that position - we generally only worry about head slump for very young babies who may not be able to pull their heads back up again. If he's 4, he will move his head when he is uncomfortable.

That said, if it's bothering him, of course you are welcome to buy another seat. The other two frequently recommended higher weight harnessing seats are the Britax Frontier XT and the Evenflo Maestro.

You mentioned getting your 1 year old an XT - I assume you are talking about the Radian XT (Britax also sells the Frontier XT which is a seat similar to the Nautilus.)

The Radians in my experience also tend to be very upright for a sleeping child, but it's never bothered my kid or any of the daycare kids, so it's not something I've worried about. :twocents:

(Plus excuse me if this doesn't much as much sense as I would like - it's late here!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC