Help me find a vehicle

hrice

DH and i are thinking of getting a new (to us) vehicle. We looked a good bit yesterday and it is exhausting finding one that meets our budget and my criteria. So I am enlisting your help and maybe you can point me in the right direction. We will be buying used.

*Top budget $17,000 (again buying used)
*Seats 7-8
*2nd row 3 across bench seat or seats that move over so you can walk on the side to get to the 3rd row because I will have 2 RFers in the second row
*headrests for all seating positions (this seems to be the hardest to find)
*NO lap only belts. I found a '05 Suburban I loved but there is a lap only belt in the center of the third row.
*at least 18 inches of cargo space with 3rd row up

Am I dreaming? There has to be a vehicle out there that fits my bill?

ADS

Wineaux

Nissan Quest! OMG! Absolutely loving ours. We bought a 2008 with less than 20K miles and an entertainment package with DVD, TV, and wireless headphones for $19K. Best used car buy evah!

They skipped a model year last year to redesign it, and so there is a 2011 model being released this month I believe. That means you should be seeing a lot of used Quest's hitting the market and some really good deals. Just remember, to get the BEST deal on a used vehicle, buy it from a competing manufacturer as they value them less than the original manufacturer does. In other words, we bought our Nissan from a Toyota dealer. If it had been at a Nissan dealer they would have tacked on another $2-3K. Make sense?

The Quest has the same engine that they put in their Z series cars. This means it has some incredible pick-up when needed. That damned van is really fast on the line, I have to tell you. It's a mean little V-6 and I've surprised a few people at stop lights who saw a Dad in a minivan and weren't prepared for me zipping right past them. :D Buwhahahaha!

oxeye

I just priced it on kelly blue book and you could probably get an 07 Toyota Sienna for that price and it meets all your criteria. I absolutely adore my Sienna. I have nothing but good things to say about it. :love:

Wineaux

The quest has headrests for all seating positions, all of your desired cargo space, and easy access to the third row. Oh, and it's a sportier drive than the Sienna and should cost a little bit less. More van bang for your buck!

Check reliability ratings on the Quest. It was real crappy at first cuz it was a new factory and model so it took a few years before they figured out how to build cars.

hrice

I looked at the Sienna and loved it. I haven't seen the Quest in person yet. Thank you for your suggestions!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC