Grown out of his bucket?

Sunyflwr

Thoughts? I was hoping to be able to use this snugride (22 lb limit) w/o the base for our airplane/car rental travels instead of lugging either a radian or blvd 70. He was 28.75in at his 6 mo well child a month ago. I know the seat's 29in limit is just a guideline and he needs 1in of shell above his head? How do I measure exactly?

Attachments

• image-2243453164.jpg
    image-2243453164.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 34
  • image-3975717641.jpg
    image-3975717641.jpg
    495.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
ADS

Dillipop

It looks outgrown to me. Do you have a book handy that's approx. 1 inch thick? Put it on top of his head to see if you have any space left.

Sunyflwr

It looks outgrown to me. Do you have a book handy that's approx. 1 inch thick? Put it on top of his head to see if you have any space left.

Oh that is a good idea. Thanks. Do I keep the book parallel to the ground? That is the issue I have...depending on the angle it seems like he either has enough room or is outgrown.

Sunyflwr

The 29 inch limit is not just a guideline, it is a strict rule. It looks to me like the seat is outgrown.

Even if some babies are all "legs" and they have enough shell space above the head? I just measured him here at home and I'm only coming up with 28.5in so idk how the dr office got 28.75. I thought head/shell correlation was more important than height?

Pixels

In order to fit in the seat, all of the following must be true:
over 5 pounds
under 22 pounds
not more than 29 inches
at least one inch of shell above the head
harness at or below the shoulders

Sunyflwr

In order to fit in the seat, all of the following must be true:
over 5 pounds
under 22 pounds
not more than 29 inches
at least one inch of shell above the head
harness at or below the shoulders

Thanks!! I'll go find a 1 in book to see. He meets the rest of the requirements, according to my measurement of his length.

Sunyflwr

Does the book have to be parallel with the ground? If so, he definitely doesn't have 1in left. :/

Attachments

• image-2228353984.jpg
    image-2228353984.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 40
  • image-3130614431.jpg
    image-3130614431.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC