Graco MyRide 65-rearfacing issues

U

Unregistered

I have my 18month old 27lb daughter rearfacing in a MyRide. I also have my 4 year old forward facing in this same brand of seat. I had had no issues with the forward facer but cannot seem to get the rear facing seat to work right and am hoping someone has some suggestions.

The most recent problem is this past weekend I took the seat out of the car and then reinstalled. I can no longer tighten or loosen the straps. When I reach under to push in the button to loosen the straps, it is already depressed. I have taken the seat out, redid all the straps, read the manual like crazy and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am really wishing I would have just ordered 2 more Triumph Advanced seats because this one is boggling me.

I have no issues with the forward facing seat. Help!

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there! Sorry to hear you're having a problem with your seat. When you had it uninstalled, did you check underneath the seat where the harness adjuster button is (that's what you say is pressed down)? Sometimes bits of food or other items can get caught in there and make it so it won't move up and down like it's supposed to.

Usually when the straps can't be adjusted, it's because the harness is caught on the carseat when it's installed (a good idea to always pull the harness tight before installing). But this sounds like a harness adjuster problem, so focus your efforts there. HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC