Frontier piece missing- necessary?

tarheelborn

I have a Britax Frontier which was given to me in booster mode minus the parts needed to convert it back to harness. First I ordered the wrong parts, then I called Britax and they tried to send me the right ones, but I think I am still missing a piece. It is some sort of belt shield protector that goes on the back...I think it goes over the harness/yoke to cover it. Anyway, I think this rep understood what I was talking about and is supposed to be shipping it to me. She said it wasn't a necessary piece. I just wanted to post a picture and see if anyone else thought it was a problem.

Attachments

• frontier.jpg
    frontier.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 52
ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't own a Frontier, but if the rep said it was ok to use without I would be fine with that. A lot of seats have a cover that goes over the harness 'guts' in the back, to help with the harness moving freely when installed. As long as you're not having any issue snugging the harness I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That said, used seats are a definite concern. Missing parts/pieces are one of the reasons. Did you get this seat from someone you know personally and trust? It's impossible to tell if a seat has been in an accident or misused just by looking at it, and sadly, people WILL lie to make a buck.

tarheelborn

Hi,
Thanks for your responses. I had checked the first 2 days and hadn't gotten any responses and am just checking back now. We've been continuing to use his MA70 for now because I wasn't sure about this piece.

It is a regular Frontier (is that the 80?). It came from my sister's neighbor, whom I do not know personally, but she does and states she trusts her, so by extension I trust her as well. I didn't pay anything for it. It was used as a booster and she had lost the parts (there were actually 2 of these seats as she had twins).

I actually got confused and originally ordered the straps for the Frontier85. Britax offered to send me the correct straps at no cost to me. The ones you see pictured on the seat are the correct replacements from Britax. (At least, that's what they told me).

Should I be concerned about the harness then?

Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC