Frontier or parkway?

U

Unregistered

Hi I have 3 boys, 2 (25lbs), 4 (35 lbs), 6 (42 lbs) and the roundabout that my son is in is about to expire in December so they will all be a half a year older than listed above. The two older are in britax frontiers. Do I get another frontier or move the 6 year old to a parkway? The youngest is my last baby and we are in the process of adopting so I do not have funds to switch the baby to another seat for a year before moving him to a frontier. Any help would be great. Oh and I drive an 8 passenger 2007 sienna

ADS

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
We do really like to see kiddos rear facing to as close to 4 as possible. What is the age of the kiddo you are adopting? What are you doing for a seat for that kiddo?

A parkway is going to run you close to $100. I would instead look at an Evenflo Sureride for the 2 year old to continue to rear face. The Sureride is about $100 and it's top harness slots are just an 1" lower than the Frontier 85 (inch higher than the original frontier!) So the Sureride could be the last seat you need for the 2 year old until you pass down a booster. You can use the Frontier as a booster for the 6 year old.

Lemonade

I wouldn't get a 3rd Frontier. I love my frontiers but 3 of them is overkill. Whether or not you continue to rear-face the 2 year old, I would buy him the SureRide like the other poster recommended. It will fit him really well for a while and I think is around $100. If you want something with head-wings like the Frontier, the Safety First Complete Air is great and will last a really long time. It has a no-rethread front adjust harness that goes quite tall. My 46" 7 yr old just recently outgrew it by height! I think Albeebaby.com has it for around $119 on their sale page.

You can use the existing Frontier as a booster. When adopted child joins, depending on their age, you can swap seats around and get a regular booster for the oldest.

nannykates

I would buy a convertible with tall limits in your case (diono radian, chicco nextfit, evenflo sureride, graco size4me/headwise/mysize). There is no reason he ever *has* to have a combo seat (frontier is an example of that) and it will give more flexibility when the new adopted child comes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC