Foonf installation question

momtoeliza

I'm expecting our new Foonf today and have read the online manual so I can hopefully install it this afternoon. It will be rear facing in the driver's side 2nd row captain's chair of my 2012 Odyssey. Quick question - I can use it in recline position 2 for my two year old, correct? If so, do I put it in that position before putting on the RFing base and anti-rebound bar? The manual I read said it had to be in recline position 3, but I was told by a car seat expert that it was ok to use in position 2 with my daughter.

ADS

creideamh

Yes, you can use position 2, but the rebound bar won't go in/out unless it's on position 3. You can incline it to position 2 after the bar is on. :)

momtoeliza

One more quick question - I know that the crotch buckle has to be right at or under their bottoms, the the closest position seems crazy far underneath my 27 month old. She's not a large kiddo, though, and is average weight. Is it normal for a LO her age to need the crotch buckle to be at the outermost position?

MotoMommaNH

Check the manual as it may specify what positions to use when rear facing; otherwise I'd move it out from underneath her bottom and be ok with it right even with her.

creideamh

It was pretty underneath my 2.5 yo as well, but I kept it there because the one farther out made her slouch down. I think it's more that the strap is kinda short rather than the actual positions, KWIM?

Clek CPST

Different kids are built different ways so it's possible to need either buckle position and at 27 months I would expect a lot of kids to be using the outer position.

Both crotch buckle positions are allowed rf'ing, and the one that is closest to and at the child's crotch should be used. (The buckle shouldn't be in front of the child.) Just make sure that the crotch strap isn't underneath the belt - which side of the buckle the belt goes on depends on which crotch buckle position is being used.

The buckle pad is required for kids less than 22lbs but is optional after that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC