Fit for 2007 Toyota Sequoia (when travelling)?

FedBaby

I'll be flying and need to know we'll fit in my dad's Toyota Sequoia when we get there. We're going to be in his car for 8+ hours.

He's taken the back row of seats out for their two large dogs. (And he's driving 3 hours to pick us up, so he won't have the ability to put it back in when we find out we don't all fit...)

That leaves the middle row for the three of us:
I'm 5'5" and 130 lb.
DS will be RF in Cosco Scenera.
DD is 4, FF, and I would like her to harnessed if possible. She's probably right at 40lb and is 41" or so.

We own Britax Marathon, and I picked up a Harmony 3-in-1 combination (haven't decided if we're keeping it or not), in addition to the Scenera.
I'm willing to purchase another car seat if it's not crazy expensive (<$150)
Dad has a Evenflo LX which harnesses only to 40 lb.

In addition, for the first leg of the flight home the seats are 2:2, so she's across the isle from me and DS. If she's in a carseat she'll have to be at the window next to a stranger, which, although she's outgoing, I don't think she'll like one bit.

What car seat should we use/buy for DD and know that we'll all fit in that row for that long of a drive?

ADS

SavsMom

The Sequoia has a nice sized 2nd row, you shouldn't have any problem fitting two seats and yourself.
I would pick up a Maestro though as it is less bulky and may be easier on the plane vs. the Harmony. Its compact, very lightweight and easy to install in any vehicle.

tmahanes

I have an 03 sequoia and have had a RF radian and FF marathon side by side without them touching and a RF radian and securekid 400 without them touching. The second row is huge in mine!

FedBaby

With a RFing Cosco Scenera (external seat width 17.5") and a FFing Evenflo Maestro (external seat width 18.75") would you have any concern that I wouldn't fit in between in the Sequoia? Should I order a Ride Safer Travel Vest for DD just in case?

Should I go to my local Toyota dealer and see if I can get the carseats to fit comfortably with me, too?

SavsMom

With a RFing Cosco Scenera (external seat width 17.5") and a FFing Evenflo Maestro (external seat width 18.75") would you have any concern that I wouldn't fit in between in the Sequoia? Should I order a Ride Safer Travel Vest for DD just in case?

Should I go to my local Toyota dealer and see if I can get the carseats to fit comfortably with me, too?

No, you will fit for sure. The 2nd row of the Sequoia is big, you shouldn't have any problems.

FedBaby

I know I've read that the Maestro sometimes needs the Tether extension. Will we need it in the second row?

Thank you!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC