Extend2Fit installs

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmm, OK. Graco person didn't inform me correctly then. So I guess it remains asking why they left out rollers (seems a good idea?) on a brand new seat????

I would guess that it's the same reason they didn't put on the little snaps to make the cover easy to remove -- and I would guess that that reason is that they made small cuts in order to keep the price point below $200.

I would like to see both of those features as well, which is why I gave Graco my feedback and am planning to wait at least until April in the hopes that the all-in-one version might have some of those features. If not, I've only lost a couple months by waiting around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We finally got ours today! I'm shocked how compact it is even with the recline foot all the way out. Granted I had it in recline 4, which is likely going to cause major head slump issues for DS (he's a mega slumper). I might mess with in in recline 3 tomorrow. I was shocked though that it fit so well in my '07 Outback with it's tiny back seat. The leg room really is to die for. I had no need at all for this seat :rolleyes: DS is so tiny. The seat seems way more comfy than I imagined though.

I do hate how small the RF belt path is though. It took quite a bit for me to get the seatbelt all the way through. I've heard of some people having tightening issues, but it didn't seem too bad to me. I'll play with it a bit more tomorrow, but I tend to just leave the straps as is.

Overall, I love the seat so far. Definitely a good buy. I love it waaaay more than the clones, that's for sure.

Don't mind his face. He hates pictures.

He looks like one of those kids in a Swedish seat...just sitting up there with plenty of room, like it's totally natural to be RF when you're big. LOVE it!

cookie123

Rollers are on Nautis with no-rethread harnesses, they just set the harness in the highest mode, over the rollers, and the headrest moves up and down. Used to be the Argos only, now it's all Nautis. I never even looked at the back of a clone or 4Ever to see what they have (man, I need to look at my seats more!)

I think my Nautilus without the rethread had the rollers, iirc.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think my Nautilus without the rethread had the rollers, iirc.

Yeah, it did, such.a.pain to change the height, yeah? They left the rollers on the Argos and new generation Nautis that do NOT have rethread harnesses, they are just set in the highest setting, over the roller, and the headrest effectively makes the harness higher or lower for better fit to child.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Yeah, it did, such.a.pain to change the height, yeah? They left the rollers on the Argos and new generation Nautis that do NOT have rethread harnesses, they are just set in the highest setting, over the roller, and the headrest effectively makes the harness higher or lower for better fit to child.

Which leads to the question, what is the difference between a Nauti with a no rethread harness and an Argo? I thought that's what the Argos was...

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yup, Argos is gone. And makes me laugh that I was right every time I wondered how it could possibly be bad to just leave the Nauti in the top slot (not that I recommended anyone do it, but I stared and stared at those seats and could never see a difference...)

Swmnmom

Here are a couple pics I took earlier of my 2 oldest kiddos. My oldest son is 48.5 lbs fully dressed, around 49 inches, has a shorter torso and longer legs and will be 8 yrs old next month. My daughter is 33 lbs, not sure her height but she wears a size 5 pants and XS shirt and she will be 5 yrs old next month. The seat is actually for my youngest son who is tiny at 23 lbs at almost 2 yrs old (all my kid's birthdays are within a month of each other). The seat is installed in the middle row of my Mazda 5.

Attachments

• 2016-02-28-4.jpg
    2016-02-28-4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 2016-02-28-3.jpg
    2016-02-28-3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 2016-02-28-2.jpg
    2016-02-28-2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 2016-02-28.jpg
    2016-02-28.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 49

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Here are a couple pics I took earlier of my 2 oldest kiddos. My oldest son is 48.5 lbs fully dressed, around 49 inches, has a shorter torso and longer legs and will be 8 yrs old next month. My daughter is 33 lbs, not sure her height but she wears a size 5 pants and XS shirt and she will be 5 yrs old next month. The seat is actually for my youngest son who is tiny at 23 lbs at almost 2 yrs old (all my kid's birthdays are within a month of each other). The seat is installed in the middle row of my Mazda 5.

What did they think of it?

lgenne

Could you put the driver's seat all the way back?

Swmnmom

What did they think of it?

My son thought it was comfortable but felt silly sitting rearfacing. My daughter was all for it being her new seat so when I told it wasn't she was sad.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC