Experience ERF 2001 Chevy Cavalier? Known Good Seats (canada)

hel

Does anyone have any experience with fitting a HW RF seat in an older (I think 2001) Chevy Cavalier?

My mother's seat is 30lbs RF, and my daughter is almost 28. Plus, I realized the other day, she's about to outgrow it by height by the 1" rule (and, in fact, has already according to Dorel's 32" rule - it's an Enspira).

My daughter is going to turn 2 on November 9, and is 35 1/4" with a 13 3/4" torso, and she's just shy of 28lbs with her shoes off. One complication is that the seat also needs to be able to fit my 18 month old ~30" niece who's probably around 25lbs. She's FF in her parents' cars, but my mother RFs her because I insist on having my daughter RF'd.

Do I have any good options? I'd thought of trying the TFP she's in now in the car, and if it works, replacing it in my car with a radian, but I'm concerned about whether the TFP would fit in my mother's car. I'd also thought of putting a CA, which I think is more likely to fit in the car, since it can go more upright, but I'm concerned about the height issue. Those two have the advantage of having a really easy harness height adjustment mechanism, which is a bonus given that I'm trying to fit two kids, one of whom is a bit amazonian, the other of whom is kind of short for her age.

Thoughts? Does anyone have experience with the car or any good/bad seats?

ADS

Brianna

If you can see my signature, J has a 14 inch torso and he has room to grow in his MyRide. It fit nicely in the middle of my 99 Cavalier RF. There was room to fit a taller seat as well. I don't have experience with the seats you listed but I would imagine being installed more upright they should fit.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
True fit fits very well in small cars and should be fine in the cavalier. I think your original plan is a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Ninetales

I don't know about the TFP, I've never played with one in my '04 Cavalier. But the Myride fits very nicely, and if the CA is allowed more upright it does too.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I am sorry! I missed that part. :) I would think any of the britax would fit in my moms car

Front to back they'd fit without problem. A 4dr likely wouldn't be too hard to load and unload. A 2 door would probably be difficult because the shell is deeper in the new models.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC