Evenflo SureRide coming to Canada an sooner than planned?

canadiangie

I see the BRU site says June. Has anyone heard anything about it surfacing sooner up here?

Looks like a great puzzling seat as its said to be one inch less wide at the base than the MR65. With 19" top slots and allowing for use up to 65lbs, and at $139, I'm thinking this will be a great addition to our seat market.

And I know of a family who could use one right now for a tight 3 across puzzling situation.

Anyone hear any rumours?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It was initially supposed to be instock in December according to a newsletter. I looked it up in our system a few weeks ago and there are open orders, but the date of arrival has been pushed back a number of times.

I wouldn't count on it coming sooner than June unfortunately. If it does it will be a nice surprise, but I'm guessing they waited to put it up online until the date was more definite and with the delays already, I wouldn't expect it before then.

Pixelated

Have they fixed the harness length issue do you know? I think that was the US seat that had all those great specs but the actual length of the harness would never fit a child at the top slots.

Brianna

Dani_mummy

I was looking at the manual online. It looks like in the US they can use all bottom 3 slots and the bottom slot of the top group for RF but here we can only use the bottom 3 group.
Little sad about that but this is what we are getting as our second/grandparent seat for my youngest.

snowbird25ca

I'm wondering if the US seat is also dual certified in this case?

I guess the slot limits will limit height differently in Canada than the US, but the harness slippage can't be too big a deal when a child is close to nearing the next set of slots or else they wouldn't allow the next ones up to be used in the US either. (Kids will be even with that set of slots before the straps get moved up, so they obviously feel that it's ok for kids to be that tall in the seat - they just don't want the seat used to quite the same height in Canada for whatever reason - either that or they don't want to re-test to change the approval for Canada.. that's another possibility.)

creideamh

I've checked the Evenflo seats here in the US (SecureKid, SureRide, Maestro, Chase Select/SK 100) for the Canadian stickers and they are not on our seats. The labels do say "For Canadian users: register this child restraint, blah blah" underneath where it talks about being certified for the US and on planes, but I believe they only put the maple leaf stickers on the Canadian-sold ones. (Makes sense...costs less to only add them for you.)

snowbird25ca

I've checked the Evenflo seats here in the US (SecureKid, SureRide, Maestro, Chase Select/SK 100) for the Canadian stickers and they are not on our seats. The labels do say "For Canadian users: register this child restraint, blah blah" underneath where it talks about being certified for the US and on planes, but I believe they only put the maple leaf stickers on the Canadian-sold ones. (Makes sense...costs less to only add them for you.)

Interesting. I wonder if we're going to see bolsters added to our seat and it will end up being physically different than yours - we just are sharing manual and labels so it will be another seat that when bought in Canada is approved for the US, but not vice versa?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC