Enspira 3-in-1......thoughts?

tracynoele23

I'm looking at this seat here http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...y+First+Enspira+3-in-1+Car+Seat.jsp?locale=en and wondered if anyone has any experience with them? I searched past threads but can only find old ones, before the weight limits were raised on it. It's not my first choice but with an impending roadtrip I need it before combined with a lack of seats located in stores (thanks sears and TRU for showing me all your seats and then not having them in store). The Enspira is going on sale this weekend for $110 but wanted to check out this forum first. I would not likely use this as a booster, I prefer a designated booster. TIA!

ADS

smackeen

Definitely does not make a good booster.

What age/size child are you looking at this for?

It is good refacing (36in limit) and a good forward facing seat.

tracynoele23

My son's 6 months and 18 pounds (50th percentile for height) so would be rf for quite a while, then ff. I doubt I'd use it as a booster though.

smackeen

Here are the list of sales ending this evening:
Friday sale: pretty much anything you would want is on sale somewhere this week!

Zellers:
Save 25% off all regularly priced car seats and booster seats.

They carry seats including the Cosco Scenera $75 (down from $99) and First Years True Fit $150 (down from $200) as well as the Graco Turboboosters and others. Great deal on all their stock.

Sears:
Save 15% on all regularly priced car seats!

This includes the Diono Radians, Graco Nautilus, MyRide and Snugrides among others.

This seat is an improvement over the Maestro ($100-$130) in that is includes a 65lbs harness (Maestro is 47lbs) It has 18” THS and a usable booster – just like the Maestro. Another improvement is that the headrest adjusts to grow with the child and that you can use the UAS connectors to secure the seat when using it as a booster. Also – it is quite narrow and would be suitable for a 3 across. Totally comparable with the Nautilus for much less.

Britax: Pretty much all retailers who carry Britax seats have the infant/child seats on sale for 20% off including most local retailers and now Toys R Us.

Amazon.ca still has the Graco MyRide on for $137 down from $200 – great deal on a great seat.

Also: Correction: Evenflo SECUREKID 400 - here is the link: http://www.sears.ca/​product/​evenf...​00-car-booster-seat/​632-000111740-30811269C

tiggercat

Like any seat, it will provide a good measure of protection as long as it is installed correctly and used properly.
Make sure the child fits correctly (I don't think you'd get much over 40lb FF for most kids in this seat, and rarely would it be tall enough to RF to 40) and you are able to install and use it properly, and it will be fine.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

tracynoele23

Thanks for the info. I have checked online but unfortunately nothing I wanted (the my ride or true fit) would arrive before our trip (on Wednesday). I'll see if I can convince DH to go into the city tonight and check out Sears and Zellers before their sales end.

tiggercat

tracynoele23 said:
Thanks for the info. I have checked online but unfortunately nothing I wanted (the my ride or true fit) would arrive before our trip (on Wednesday). I'll see if I can convince DH to go into the city tonight and check out Sears and Zellers before their sales end.

I think you would like the MyRide a lot more than the enspira, if you can find one!

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

smackeen

Definitely call the stores before you head in. May save you a wasted trip!

What seat are you currently using? Are you able to use that for your trip?

tracynoele23

It's a Graco infant seat good to 32 pounds but he just isn't that comfy in it for lengthy trips and this trip is definitely going to be lengthy (a couple long days of driving).

MorgieBear'sMama

smackeen said:
You may not get to 2 with this seat rear facing, but it is a good seat.

Is this for just a travel seat?

Assuming the shell height is the same as the American version it should last longer than that my DD still fit height wise at 3.5.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Assuming the shell height is the same as the American version it should last longer than that my DD still fit height wise at 3.5.

I'm not sure it is. It just was redesigned to be compliant with 2012 crash test standards, and now has a 40/65lb weight limit on it. I could absolutely be wrong though :)

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It's a Graco infant seat good to 32 pounds but he just isn't that comfy in it for lengthy trips and this trip is definitely going to be lengthy (a couple long days of driving).

What do you think he doesn't like? At his age you could adjust the recline angle so he's a bit more upright (but still in the acceptable range on the indicator). Remove all infant padding if you still have it in there.

G

guest1

My personal experience with the Enspira was not a good one. I returned it to the store about an hour after buying it. It's awful to install IMO.

tracynoele23

The person who told me about the sales at Zellers....THANK YOU!!! I didn't know they were still in business (figured with the clearance sales there wouldn't be much left) but went into the city tonight and got a TrueFit for $150. Now the task of installing it...new thread lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC