Question Does Combi Coccoro latch belt sold as loose items?

kejusan

Hi. I'm from Malaysia and have bought Combi Coccoro car seat for my soon to be newborn child. The reason why we've bought Coccoro is after considering that we might transfer the car seat quite often between my wife's Toyota Vios (I believe it is called Yaris sedan there in the US) and my Peugeot 408. Vios would have the seat belt lock-off built in but not my Pug 408 but rather mine have ISOFix anchor. When I browse through the web and this site looking for suitable car seat to fit both cars, I've decided on the Coccoro since it should have both latch as well as seat belt installation and with it's compact size, it seems like a perfect car seat for both cars. However, I found out during purchasing the seat that it does not come with latch since it's for Asian market!

So since my car does not have seat belt lock-off, I wonder if they sell latch belt for Coccoro as loose items? If they does, where can I buy it? If they does not, is it safe to buy other latch belt from ebay? Will they fit? Are they safe?

ADS

bbartlettnfld

The Coccoro, has a belt locking mechanism.

Check out this video it will show you how the belt locking mechanism works.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpSSjrOTQbw"]How to Install a Combi Coccoro rear facing with seat belt + blue lock-off - YouTube[/ame]

I wouldn't buy a Latch strap off Ebay I would just use the Seat belt in both vehicles.

kejusan

Thanks for the video but the thing is, even the blue lock off is not provided! But then I've been wondering if I could use a simillar locking mechanism. I would probably look for it in car accessories shop and try out a few.

But then again, why is it that u propose to use this locking mechanism instead of latch strap broght off ebay?any particular reason?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
In the US, Combi sells the blue lock-off separately. I believe they've said it can be used with other brands of car seats, so I imagine it could also be used with other versions of the Coccoro. Other car seat companies also sell locking clips (flat metal pieces that look like an "H") that can be used with lap-shoulder belts.

The problem with buying a strap off ebay is there's no way of knowing the quality of the strap. In the US, some car seat manufactures sold LATCH straps many years ago when LATCH first came out, but those haven't been sold in stores for years. Current ones would be too old to use. If not made (and sold) by a car seat manufacturer, there's no way to know how old it is or what materials it's made out of (or whether it will hold in a crash).

bbartlettnfld

I suggest the blue lock off because it is a Combi product ment to be used with their seats specifically. I doubt it is possible to purchase a Combi brand Latch strap off Ebay, with out it being comprimsed as it wold have probably had to be forcefully removed from the car seat it was originally on. I would probably be ok with buying the blue locking clip off ebay, if it came in a package.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
You could also call Combi to see if they sell replacement LATCH straps and if it's ok to use with your model. If it comes direct from Combi and they say it can be used with your seat, that would be fine.

jasminegrl

i'm not sure what types of infant/children stores you have over there, but when i was living in Japan I was able to find a metal locking clip packaged through combi at what we called "The Bunny Store" because the logo was a bunny. Nishimatsuya was the actual name according to an internet search.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The blue clip on the back of the seat to hold the shoulder belt where it wraps around also locks the belt if I remember correctly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC