Diono Radian RXT in a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

nlay79

I have been researching for weeks trying to find the best seat for my 17 lb 8 month old. I have bought and returned a few for various reasons. One of them was the Diono Radian RXT. I was trying to install in a captains chair using LATCH and I could not get it tight. Well, it was at the belt path but literally pushing lightly on the shell back and forth made it very loose with a lot of slack on the LATCH. I am planning to purchase this seat again because I find that most of my 'wants' are in this seat. So, I have a few questions I'm hoping I can get answered today.

1.Any tips on installing rf'ing using LATCH in a captains chair in my van? Did I do something wrong or is there a trick to it? By far the most complicated seat I've installed (or tried to) but like I said it has everything I am looking for in a car seat.

2.I'm undecided about the fabric. I love the Spring but worry as my baby grows, we plan to rearface as long as we can, her dirty shoes and hands may make the seat dirty. Would Plum be a better choice? Or the more nylon ones in blue or red? Also, what fabric would help to keep her cooler?

3.My son, who will be 3 October 23rd, is 33 pounds and currently ff'ing in a classic Britax Marathon. I would like to rf him again but I'm not sure if it would be a problem or not. Would I be dumb to buy him this seat too(his current seat expires in April) or should I get him a Britax Frontier?

Thank you for any and all help. This is a great forum and I have learned so much here!

ADS

LifeAtHome

Hi, I have a 2005 Chrysler so I'm not certain if the seats are the same as 2008, but I found that I got the best install RF by reclining the captains chair a bit, then tightening the latch as much as possible, then pulling the seat back upright. I have not had any problem with loosening. Hope that helps. :) Also, I don't think it's silly if you want to turn your 3 yo RF, no reason not to. A Radian should last him a long time. My DD is RF in the RXT at nearly 4.

nlay79

Thank you! I went ahead and ordered 2 since they are on sale on Diapers.com and since I went through Ebates I saved an additional 4%!!! Yay for sales!

I tried reclining the captains chair a bit but I honestly have really small hands and arthritis. I just think I wasn't up to the task of installing it. I told my husband this time he is helping me for sure.

I have no idea why I didn't ask him before. lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC