Cybex Aton 2 smaller in length than Maxi Cosi Mico AP?

Dtrimpi87

Hello, first time dad here. My wife and I just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico AP carseat. It came today and I took it out to test fit it into our cars and well, let's just say I'm not too sure about it. We have a 2004 Infiniti G35 sedan that my wife drives which we will.use primarily as a family car. I have a 2010 Camaro SS which our daughter will rarely ever be in. The Mico AP is almost useless in the Camaro. I had to install it without the base behind the passengers seat and my wife barely had enough room to sit somewhat comfortably. It is not much better in the Infiniti sedan, although I haven't installed it in the Infiniti without the base. My wife really wants to be able to use the base. We will be getting an SUV in the near future but not before our daughter is born around November 1st.

I came across the Cybex Aton 2 tonight and I really like it. How much shorter length wise is the Aton 2 versus the Mico AP? I came up with mixed dimensions for the Mico AP. What I did find though shows that the Aton 2 is around 4 inches shorter in length than the Mico AP which would give us MUCH better fitment in our cars. Can anybody weigh in and confirm this or offer some insight before I return the Mico AP and spend $100 more on the Aton 2?

The other aspect i like about the Aton 2 is the higher weight limit compared to the Mico AP. Also, the Aton 2 is compatible with Maxi Cosi adapters right? We have a Quinny Buzz Xtra stroller we would be using with the Mico AP. I hope the Aton 2 will work with it.

Thank you for the info,
A confused and stressed first time dad.

I should mention I am 6'6" so there is no way we are putting a seat behind me in either vehicle.

Last edited:
ADS

aporthole

The Aton/Aton2/AtonQ is the most compact (front to back) infant seat. I do not know how much space it would buy you versus the Mico AP as I don't have personal experience with the Mico.

Hopefully someone will come along with singer Mico knowledge.

Dtrimpi87

The Aton/Aton2/AtonQ is the most compact (front to back) infant seat. I do not know how much space it would buy you versus the Mico AP as I don't have personal experience with the Mico.

Hopefully someone will come along with singer Mico knowledge.

Thank you for the response. That's good to know. Hopefully there is someone here thats had experience with both that could share some knowledge.

tallymom

I only have experience with the Cybex Aton 2 as it's what I chose. It can fit behind the driver's seat of my Kia Forte. The driver's seat can be pushed back all the way without touching the car seat! I'm extremely pleased.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC