Costco Scenera 40RF discontinued

agatakal

I was just about to finally buy the Cosco Scenera 40RF as a travel seat and can't find it anywhere. I called the manufacturer and they confirmed the seat has been discontinued and is replaced with Cosco APT 40RF. Not sure about specs but it looks really wide. Does anyone know how it compares in general to the Scenera 40RF?

Thanks

ADS

opaque1997

There is a pink APR (no idea if thats old or new) at overstock for $54 (yes I know sucks to pay that price when it was $35) but if you heart was set on it..

SOrry I know nothing about the APT

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Did you try K Mart? I heard they had some. The Apt is pretty decent, it has a nice shell for RF but the bottom harness slots are a little lower for FF so most kids outgrow it RF and FF at the same time. It has a little bit of an odd shaped base, you still need a pool noodle most of the time but it's a decent seat. Definitely wider than the Scenera though.

whiteyacht

Like pp said, the Apt is nice. Cushier & taller than the Scenera, but definitely a LOT wider. I thought the harness adjuster was easier to use as well, when I played with one.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There's a renamed Scenera at TRU... http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12974096&CAWELAID=1333568182 Ouch on the price...
Anyway, top slots on the Apt are lower than the Scenera, so you might be just as well off getting an Evenflo Tribute. It only has a 35 pound RF weight limit, but that still means an average kid can RF in it till at least 2.5-3 and FF in it to 4-4.5 to the 40lb FF limit. It's about a half inch shorter all around than the Scenera, and has a nice flip-foot to help with getting a decent RF install without too much shoving or extra noodles (Scenera has a big gap under the front, you either have to cram it into the seatback and have a big hole under there, or shove a pyramid of noodles or a huge rolled towel to fill that spot).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC