Convertible seat for a VW Cabrio?

B

BrittanyCupcakes

I'm expecting my first child in October. We have 2 cars, a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant, and a 2000 VW Cabrio. The Cabrio doesn't get driven often, but we do switch back and forth between the cars, and I will need a car seat for it.

I searched and found a post here from 2005 recommending the Roundabout or the Triumph, but that was so long ago, I'm sure there are newer recommendations out there. This car will never be driven on the highway with the baby. It will just be used for short trips to the store or the park. I'm looking for something affordable, as well.

I will be getting a hand-me-down Graco SnugRide 30 (no accidents, not expired), but I've heard that it could be a pain using a bucket seat in a 2-door car.

I'd appreciate any input!

ADS

bpirof

I don't know about a graco or Cabrio but I was able to get our keyfit30 in and out of a new Vw beetle fairly easily when dh's passat was at the dealer and they gave him a beetle to drive, the angle was awkward to get it out but not impossible, although I did have to keep the passenger seat pretty far forward it was doable.

bpirof

Sorry sent that too soon....

I was going to add that the britax marathon takes up a similar amount of space as the Keyfit, I'm pretty sure the roundabout would take the same or less as well so that might be a good option? Sorry if that was confusing lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC