Question Convertible Car Seats for Twins in 2001 Corolla

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I have four month old twins that are currently in Graco Snugrides. One of my boys is quite large (21 pounds) and needs to move to a convertible car seat asap. I have been doing some research and am leaning towards the Graco Myride 65 primarily because of its price and ratings. It also seems that two of them will fit in my backseat. I am 5"5 as is my husband.
Thoughts? Budget and safety is really driving me here. I dont need to get a third person in the backseat.

ADS

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hello! The MyRide is a great seat, but it is pretty wide. So as long as you don't need them side-by-side, you'll do OK. If you'd like another seat to compare, see if you can find a Graco Size4Me 70/My Size/Head Wise. I believe I've seen the Size4Me on sale for around the same price as the MyRide and it's a taller seat, which means you'll use it for longer for your kids. Both seats have EPS foam.

1mommy

The MyRide works great for rearfacing, but is VERY reclined when forward facing which can annoy some children. I second the Evenflo Sureride if you are on a budget (especially with 2 seats). It can be found on sale for around $70 dollars and has the highest top slots so it will last the longest by height. All seats pass the same testing, so it is just as safe as a more expensive seat but is lacking some of the nicer features for convince which is what makes it a budget seat. If you think you will need a seat with a heavier weight limit (65 pounds) you could look into the Diono Radian RXT which harnesses until 80 pounds. (But is kinda pricy)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
One more seat to look at is the evenflo sureride. It will last a few years longer than the myride.

What's the RF height limit in the USA? In Canada it's 40" and my daughter used the MR until 42.5" RF and still had about a half inch growing room when she outgrew it by weight. So the MR lasted her about a year longer than the SureRide would have in Canada.

nannykates

What's the RF height limit in the USA? In Canada it's 40" and my daughter used the MR until 42.5" RF and still had about a half inch growing room when she outgrew it by weight. So the MR lasted her about a year longer than the SureRide would have in Canada.

Same height limit for rear facing as Canada but for forward facing it outlasts the myride.

1mommy

I think NannyKates meant forward facing it will last years longer due to higher harness slots. Unless the child will outgrow it by weight and not height in which case they would be outgrown at the same time.

Original Poster- can you come back and let us know if you have a tall child too? (What shirt size/pant size do they wear) And how long you want to rear-face your kids? That might help up make a better recommendation for them.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I think NannyKates meant forward facing it will last years longer due to higher harness slots.

That makes more sense! The babies were so young I had RF only on my mind. That coupled with me not worrying about the FF stats of a seat until we get to FF had me not thinking that far ahead. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC