Compare Maclaren vs BJ Micro for me please

zookrus

Hi, I am very tempted to buy a BJ Micro after all the posts on the quality and great deals available. I gave away on old double Maclaren when I thought I was done having kids. Now that I will have three, I am tempted to buy another double. I need a stroller with a high weight capacity, so I am looking at the BJ Micro or the Mac Twin Triumph.

If you have had a Mac and a Micro/Mini, could you tell me which one you prefer.

Thanks much.

Renee

ADS

Athena

This thread might add a little info.
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=144060

I'm assuming you are looking at the double strollers for both? At the moment, I have both so feel free to ask me questions. I've had the Twin Triumph for a couple years and the double Micro for just a few days. I've only tried it for two short walks, but so far, I am really liking the Micro. Yet, at the moment, I still prefer the Mac's fold (not that the Micro's fold is bad and it might be different if you have a minivan for which flat folds work well) and I have seat liners on my Mac so that makes it a bit cushier. But overall, I am liking the Micro and expect to be selling the Mac. However, my current needs might be different than yours and if I really could, I'd probably just keep both. :D

I think it really depends on your needs and your kids ages and sizes. For example, I think the Mac is better for a young baby because the Micro does not recline enough. Although, personally, I wouldn't put a newborn in either and my baby was already 3 months old when I got the Triumph. On the other side, my tall 4 year old fits in both, but I've found my Mac has gotten hard to push with two big kids in it now, whereas it pushed great when they were younger. Some things are personal preferences, like which types of handles you prefer to push. Anyway, feel free to ask questions and I'll be happy to help if I can.

zookrus

I went ahead and ordered a Micro Double. The fold of the Mac was very tempting, but like Athena I found the small wheels to be hard to push. The Mac Rally Twin that I had only had a 80lb weight limit, but was hard to push when my kiddos were a combined 60 lbs.

I do have a van and hope the wider fold of the micro doesn't take up all my space. Even though I have a van, the back tether of the car seat in the 3rd row divides the storage space. I hope the Micro Double fits.

Thanks for your help.

Athena

I hope you like it. We're enjoying ours. Just in case, you can get the measurements from BJ's website and you can cancel albeebaby orders as long as they haven't shipped yet. But it's not much wider than their single strollers so I hope it fits. Also, you can easily pop the wheels off if that helps at all, but it only reduces the width by a couple inches.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC