combination booster time

kitkatkc

As I was buckling in our youngest today, I realized that she is nearing needing to have her straps moved to the next slots on her snugride. She is 4 mo, and while she still has plenty of growing room in the SR, I have started to think about our next step in car seats.
Though she will probably still fit, once she can sit up on her own and is too heavy for me to comfortably carry, I am planning on moving her into my ODD's My Ride.
Sooo.... that leaves me with needing a new seat for ODD. I really like the Graco seats that we have (we have three- two of which were replacements for two others when we got rear-ended) and I was looking into getting either the Nauti or the Argos for ODD.
I haven't taken recent torso measurements for her, but DD is very small (3rd percentile) with a long torso. She is on the second to highest slots on her MR, but has some room to grow there.
I was really hoping to get just one more carseat for her, and not have to buy a dedicated booster down the line. I have tried her in a Nauti, and it is a good fit, though I like that the Argos can be latched as a booster (though, as an aside, I really don't understand why all latched combo seats can't be latched as a booster, since it is only the weight of the seat that is being held in by them, as the weight of the child is held by the belt) She also seems to fit well in the FR85 and in the Recarro proSport (I think it is, whatever their combo booster is)
I like how the Recarro adjusts, though, honestly, she grows so slowly that it isn't such a big deal to re-adjust. I also rarely have to switch seats between cars.
So, long story short, is there is there a way to tell at this age how well she will fit in a given seat as a booster? If she fits well in a Nauti (or any other seat) while it is harnessed, will it work well as a booster for her?
I have not been car-seat shopping for anything other than an infant seat, so I don't really know what is out there. I know that the FR85 is overkill for DD, I don't think she will ever need the upper limits of a seat like that. She loves her MR, especially the cup-holders, but I would really like something a little narrower- I sometimes have her cousin as well as my two other kids, and it would be nice if I could fit an adult between their two seats (cousin uses a FF Scenera when she rides with us)
My Oddy (2010) does not have latch in the 3rd row outboard, which is where she is now. (another aside- can I get latches added? I know that the 2012 has them in all of the seats)
Sorry for the rambling, I just want to make sure that I make the right choices for DD. Since the minimum weight for booster here is 40lbs, I anticipate she will be harnessed for a long while, then of course boostered for quite a bit after that.

ADS

cookie123

I wouldn't worry about that. You'll probably hand it down to the little one anyway. A decent highback booster seat isn't that expensive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC