chicco vs Diorno Radian RXT

paysensmom

I was excited to see this on my front porch this afternoon. That was until I took it out of the box, ridiculously heavy ( I knew that before ordering). Took me 30 minutes to get it set up, a pain to install compared to my CHICCO. The seat isn't as nice as the CHICCO either. I got this seat for a decent price on Kohls with the 30% code and KC. THAT IS WHAT PUSHED ME INTO GETTING THIS ONE OVER THE CHICCO. oops, caps was left on on the iPad. Anyway, if you are debating between the two, go for the CHICCO Nextfit!!!

ADS

linneabw

Personally I disagree. I have had no issues with our radians and while I haven't installed the next fit I played with it in store and thought it was bulky and heavy and not very comfy for my 4 yr old. Not to mention that the 45 lb rfing limit has gotten us past 4 rfing, 40lbs would have gotten us to maybe 3. To each their own I guess. I would suggest people try many and decide for themselves.

kaharris83

I have both and love them both for different reasons. I do favor the NextFit a bit more though. But honestly SK/Diono's history colors my feelings I think. Chicco seems to have great CS so far. SK/Diono have always handled my questions quickly and courteously but I wasn't impressed with how they handled the SuperLATCH issues.

As for the seats themselves I feel they both have strengths and weaknesses that make them invaluable in my car seat line up. I'm glad I can have both and don't have to choose one or the other because for me it would be a tough choice. And weight wise I think they're both beasts. :)

Shinook

I've been debating these two seats for months now. I've seen the NextFit in Target, but have not gotten a chance to see the Radian. I'd love to see a detailed comparison between the two. (Right now we're leaning towards the NextFit for our baby when's she's born.

jacqui276

I haven't seen a NextFit in person yet (although I would like to!) but love my Radian. Once you get the hang of installing it, it can be easy (depending upon the vehicle). I just put mine back in my vehicle about an hour ago and had a tight install within a minute or two. It is a heavy seat though.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I now have both, as well, and do not agree with the original post.

In my car, the Radian is a breeze to install. I love it both rear-facing and forward-facing, and would actually say I prefer it over the Nextfit (in my car!).

In my good friend's car, the Radian is a PITA to install, but the Nextfit couldn't be easier to install, so I would say I prefer it over the Radian (in his car!).

Truthfully, I wouldn't want to be without either one. They both have their own positive and negative attributes.

Overall, though, I would say I prefer the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC