Check this booster fit

jnamommy

This is the first time we are trying a booster. J is 42ish punds, in a Harmony Dreamtime booster, in the third row of a 2005 Town and Country. In the first pic, the headrest is on the lowest setting. In the second pic, it is moved up one notch. I am not sure about the fit by his neck....but since I am new to boosters not sure if this is ok or not.

Attachments

• 0214131628 (600x800).jpg
    0214131628 (600x800).jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 0214131630 (600x800).jpg
    0214131630 (600x800).jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 53
ADS

CaseyRN

Disclaimer: I am not a tech

What does it look like another notch higher? The lowest is way low I think. I am curious at the fit if you went up another setting. Could you post that pic?

glockchick

Raise the headrest up until his head is centered in the wings. It looks way too low in the pics.

The lap belt looks a little high too but that could just be the way his clothes are sitting. Is his butt scooted all the way back in the seat?

jnamommy

Here it is with the headrest moved up. The headrest looks crooked, I realized afterward that the cover was skewed, it is not really that crooked. Still not sure if the lapbelt is too high or not, but the shoulder strap seems so close to his neck - is that the way it is supposed to be?
And I made sure his butt was all the way back for sure this time.

Attachments

• 0215131433 (480x640).jpg
    0215131433 (480x640).jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 33

creideamh

I don't like it.

The lap belt still looks too high, and even though the shoulder belt could technically be ok, it looks uncomfortable, frankly.

I vote for a different booster ;)

jnamommy

I was also not liking how the shoulder belt seems to "stick" in the belt guides. It wants to twist, and if he leans forward it stays out - he has to grab the shoulder strap and pull it back.

Thanks for all of the input. I think I am going to try a Turbo next - is there any difference in the regular Turbo and the newer version, other than that the newer version is latchable?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC