Center belt installation seems bad?

Tris

It's a 4 year old britax blvd 70, I followed the directions on the side. Do belt installs just not get as tight as latch installs?
I'm trying to get the two britax ( the tan one isn't installed, it's just sitting there) on the middle and side so when we go to target later we can try to install an infant car seat on the driver side.

Quick video link, sorry about the messy car we are vacuuming it today!
http://youtu.be/6F2DzKyMg8M

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
First off, stand in front of the car seat, push the seat back, with your legs. Put one knee in the seat, and kneel. Now, pull the slack from the shoulder belt, by pulling right by the belt path. Pull slack through the belt path, and lock your lock off.

Tris

Whelp I'm a dork, I didn't secure the little black thing on the side. Once I did that it stopped moving. Downside is the other carseat can't fit on the side, so I'm on the hunt for one that will ( and will fit a 40lb 5 year old!)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
When trying a side by side, I start with the ob position. Buckle the seat in, close the door, slide the seat as close to the door as possible, and install there. Then I try to put a seat in the center.

Tris

Oh that's a good idea! Since it won't be even with the latch, I should use seat belt installation for all of them?

Tris

The 2 britax blvds were a no go, they are just too wide at the sides. I was able to get one britax blvd FFing passenger, 1 chicco keyfit 30 magic RFing center, and 1 graco affix ff driver, but I'm not sure if the affix is safe enough for my oldest? She's 5 and about 40lbs, she sits well in the blvd. Im concerned about the submarining. What makes the affix fit is how low it is, there isn't that competition for space up higher if that makes sense, but the narrowness is needed too...any thoughts?

creideamh

I wouldn't be concerned about submarining with a 5 yr/40 lb child. The Defender is a good harnessed suggestion, though, if you prefer. It sits pretty low and is narrow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC