Carsickness

armyfam

Dd is 3yr8m RF in a Radian XTSL. We are going to be traveling in the mountains. The last time we made this trip, she got carsick. Any tips to help? Would FF be better? She is behind the drivers seat in a captain chair in our minivan. Would having her in the back seat help so she can see out of the window? Sitting upright with an Angle Adjuster? I'm up for anything to keep her RFing longer. DH is the driver and wants to put her FFing bc the crying taxes on his nerves. (Honestly, everyone gets stressed out!) Thank you!

ADS

MommyShannon

Do you have overhead air vents? My girls and I get carsick a lot (better the past year thankfully) and cold air blowing on our faces helps the most. At that age I'd also give her a cup to throw up in and towels.

armyfam

I haven't tried medications yet. We do blow cold air on her bc he cries that she needs fresh air when she begins to feel sick.

aeormsby

I would probably start with more upright or in the back seat. If she starts to feel sick though I would have no issues turning an almost 4yo FF. Especially if she's crying and distracting the driver, doesn't sound like a good situation.

MommyShannon

I would probably start with more upright or in the back seat. If she starts to feel sick though I would have no issues turning an almost 4yo FF. Especially if she's crying and distracting the driver, doesn't sound like a good situation.
I agree. It didn't help my DD but it does help some kids. I turned my oldest at 1 and 20lbs before knowing better. She got carsick both ways all the time, still does sometimes but much better. DD2 was really bad while was 1 and rf but it pretty much went away at 2 and she's still rf at almost 4.
I also avoid milk and anything too disgusting coming back up when traveling.

armyfam

Thank you! She wants to sit in the back with DD1 so I think I will try that to see if it helps . I can't just flip her around during the trip bc I misplaced my safe stop and DD3 is only 31 pounds. I would have to install DD2's extra Nautilus before we leave. I thought about picking up motion sickness bracelets for myself(I also get motion sickness in the mountains) and wonder if it would fit her?

newyorkDOC

Preggo pops. It even regular ones but like lemon flavor.

My Dd puked every single ride until she was 2.5. We tried sea bands, lollipops (most success), moving around her seat, flipping her FF (puked after 5 min so she went back to RF)... In the end I just gave her a bucket. It's a small sand bucket and I line it with small bag for easy cleanup/disposal.

jwilliams

You might want to try darkening the side windows in the back, within the bounds of your local laws. I get car sick unless I drive - I think being forced to not look at the scenery whizzing by helps a lot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC