Question Carseat laws in Bahrain?

mommyin05and07

Does anyone know what the carseat laws are in Bahrain? DH might have a job transfer there for a year so I'm trying to find the laws there..we would be near that Naval base (not that that probably makes a difference)
Thanks

ADS

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
My guess is that there are no child passenger safety laws there. Obviously, the "laws of physics" still apply and you will want to restrain your child properly. Are you taking your own car? If you are renting or purchasing a local vehicle, it may not have locking seatbelts. In that case, you would need to be sure you have a locking clip or use a seat with a built in lockoff. Taxis may not even have seatbelts.

Sounds like a neat opportunity though and I would take advantage of it for sure.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I read an article recently about the United Arab Emirates starting to take child passenger safety much more seriously. (This wasn't the article I was thinking of, but spells out the new possible-laws: http://www.drivearabia.com/news/201...e-safety-laws-come-car-seat-child-seat-crash/)

I realize Bahrain isn't part of the UAE, but I'd imagine that IF Bahrain has child restraint laws, they're probably not any more stringent than in the UAE.

mommyin05and07

Right now we are unsure if we are going or not, but dh had an interview today with them...its a job through his work right now. He was asking questions about it and we would take 1 of our vehicles so we would be fine with having their carseats already there, I didn't even think about that.

But because we will only have 1 vehicle there will be taxis/buses/rental or buying an extra car while we are there...so I'm not sure what to do if we do use a taxi and there is no seatbelts...The carseats would go with us on the plane, hopefully ours that we have can be used on the plane, I need to check into that more.

Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC