Carseat help

U

Unregistered

I am flying to visit my parent in a few weeks with our three kids 5.5, 3, 1. The one y/o has Down syndrome, so I would like to keep him rearfacing as long as possible. The older two have rearfaced till 3. Currently we have a radian ff for the 5 y/o, britax boulevard (recently ff) for the 3 y/o. And the 13 mo old is in a bucket that is about to expire. I would like to order three new seats and have them shipped there to use while we are there (so I don't have to transport them on the flight). My parent will bring the seats back in a couple months when they come home. While down there they will need to be three across the rear seat of a pickup. We drive a sienna.
What would you recommend? I haven't researched carseats for the past 3 years. Out of the ones we have and will purchase, I would like one good seat per child and one for the second vehicle (infrequent short trips). My 5 y/O requests a seat with good head rests so she can sleep on long rides :)

ADS
U

Unregistered

I am flying to visit my parent in a few weeks with our three kids 5.5, 3, 1. The one y/o has Down syndrome, so I would like to keep him rearfacing as long as possible. The older two have rearfaced till 3. Currently we have a radian ff for the 5 y/o, britax boulevard (recently ff) for the 3 y/o. And the 13 mo old is in a bucket that is about to expire. I would like to order three new seats and have them shipped there to use while we are there (so I don't have to transport them on the flight). My parent will bring the seats back in a couple months when they come home. While down there they will need to be three across the rear seat of a pickup. We drive a sienna.
What would you recommend? I haven't researched carseats for the past 3 years. Out of the ones we have and will purchase, I would like one good seat per child and one for the second vehicle (infrequent short trips). My 5 y/O requests a seat with good head rests so she can sleep on long rides :)
5y/o wears 6x 47#
3 y/o wears 4t 34#
Baby 20# will likely remain on the lower end of the curve for height and weight

Keeanh

I think the best and safest solution would be to take the Radian and the baseless bucket on the plane for your 1 & 3yos. I would try to get a ticket for the 1yo. If that's out of the question, you can still take the bucket and ask if there's an available seat.

Will your 5.5yo sit properly in a booster? If so, I would have your parents pick up a booster for 5yo. Diono Monterey, Britax Parkway, Recaro Vivo, Recaro Probooster are all good boosters for sleeping. If you still want your 5yo harnessed full-time, I would have them pick up a Harmony Defender. What pickup do your parents have? If it's a full-size, pretty much any seat should fit.

Keeanh

Long-term, I would use the Radian FF for 3yo, Boulevard RF for 1yo. If you want 5yo harnessed for a couple more years, I might get a Frontier for her just because it's such a nice seat and you can pass it down. Or Defender or Nautilus if you want to keep costs down. Otherwise one of the boosters I mentioned before if you're okay with her out of the harness.

For spare seats, I would get a Scenera for 1yo, Maestro for 3yo, and a Turbobooster (highback) or Literider (backless) for 5yo. Or keep the Defender as a spare if you want her harnessed.

U

Unregistered

Long-term, I would use the Radian FF for 3yo, Boulevard RF for 1yo. If you want 5yo harnessed for a couple more years, I might get a Frontier for her just because it's such a nice seat and you can pass it down. Or Defender or Nautilus if you want to keep costs down. Otherwise one of the boosters I mentioned before if you're okay with her out of the harness.

For spare seats, I would get a Scenera for 1yo, Maestro for 3yo, and a Turbobooster (highback) or Literider (backless) for 5yo. Or keep the Defender as a spare if you want her harnessed.
Would the boulevard rf and frontier fit side by side in the sienna? I love our boulevard install, are all britax installs as easy and solid?
Frontier vs pinnacle? (Dd saw a pink pinnacle she liked...)
Thank you for your replies !!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC