Question car seats for 3 yo and 9 mo in VW Tiguan

U

Unregistered

I am new to this forum, but have found a lot of useful information already. I'm hoping some of you experienced car seat folks can help me to choose the best car seats for my children.

I drive a VW Tiguan (small SUV) and currently have two Evenflo Triumph car seats in there, one forward facing and one rear facing. That leaves no room for a third passenger, and we'd like to squeeze an adult (and possibly a third car seat) in the back seat as well. I'm hoping you can recommend two car seats for my children so the younger can sit rear facing in the middle with his sister sitting forward facing behind the driver or passenger.

My daughter is 3 years 4 months old and weighs 35 lbs. My son is 9 months old and weighs 19 lbs. (He is tall and has almost outgrown his Chicco Key Fit 30, so we moved him to the convertible.)

In addition to the two Evenflo Triumphs, we also own a Cosco Scenera.

My primary concern is the SAFETY of the car seat. I'd been using reviews on Consumer Reports regarding crash test results, but recently read that they are not the most reliable source for this information. Cost is not really an issue (although I'm not willing to spend more than about $350 or so for each car seat!).

Unfortunately, I am not able to test car seats at a store. I live overseas but drive a US spec vehicle, so I must use US spec car seats. That means I have to order them without first putting them in my car. So, if anyone has firsthand experience with a VW Tiguan, I'd be so appreciative for your help!

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

ADS
U

Unregistered

I'm the original poster. I've read lots of things about the Diono Radian, Combi Coccoro and Clek Foonf as options that are narrow. My primary concern with the Foonf is how high it sits (will it restrict visibility out the rear?) and height of the seat backs on the Foonf and Radian if I were to use it RFing. My husband and I are both tall (almost 6 feet) and need the driver's and passenger's seats fairly far back.

Do you think any of these might be good options for one or both of my children?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC