Car seat in a wreck

K

Katie P

Our vehicle was recently stolen and subsequently wrecked. Obviously, I know not to use the "damaged" car seat but without full coverage on my older vehicle, is there anything I can do other than just buy a new one?
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yikes, sorry about that situation!

It will really boil down to your insurance coverage. Have you already tried going through them? Are they covering other repairs/replacements/etc.?

What seat was it, and what state are you in? If the seat requires replacement after any crash, you can try emailing them the portion of the manual that says that. Sometimes escalating the issue to a supervisor will help, too.

1mommy

Some seats if you contact the manufacturer they might be interested in buying back the seat from you to see how it preformed in the wreck, etc, so call them up and ask. Its not guaranteed, but it may be worth a call.

AllieK

I'm not sure where you live but in the US most states have a Crime Victims Compensation Board where you can file a claim. Use this link to get more info on your state's program: National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards. Your local law enforcement agency might also have resources for grants/assistance for crime victims that could help pay for the new seats. ETA: many states only compensate victims of violent crimes, check with your specific state's program to see what types of crimes qualify for compensation.

Also, the Babies R Us trade in sale is going on for another 2 days. With the R Us credit card you can get 30% off a new seat. They also have no interest financing for 12 months (? maybe 18 months...?) on large purchases like car seats.

seb3244

I'm not sure where you live but in the US most states have a Crime Victims Compensation Board where you can file a claim. Use this link to get more info on your state's program: National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards. Your local law enforcement agency might also have resources for grants/assistance for crime victims that could help pay for the new seats. ETA: many states only compensate victims of violent crimes, check with your specific state's program to see what types of crimes qualify for compensation. Also, the Babies R Us trade in sale is going on for another 2 days. With the R Us credit card you can get 30% off a new seat. They also have no interest financing for 12 months (? maybe 18 months...?) on large purchases like car seats.

Is the 30 % only if you open a new credit card or is it any card holder that gets that?

Op I am sorry to hear about your car that really sucks. :(

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have heard that if you open a new account, then you also get the 15% off and it stacks with the 30% off, so you get a seat for 45% off? Don't quote me on that, but if you don't have the card yet, it would be good to check out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC