Car seat ideas for Chrysler T&C?

NurseAshley711

I haven't bought a new seat in at least a year, so when I went car seat browsing I was surprised by all the new seats.

Our dd is 6 yrs old, 48 lbs, and 46" tall. She rides in a harnessed Nautilus; just moved to the top slots, and a hb Turbo. She's only just starting to get less wiggly and sleepy in the car to where I feel comfortable letting her booster. Ds is 2 yrs old, 31 lbs, 36" tall, rear facing in a CA. We have a little guy due in just a few weeks. He'll be in ods Discovery infant seat at first. My husband is an otr truck driver and I'm only 5'3" so we don't have an issue with the handle position. We have quite a few of dds' older seats expiring, so in a few months we'll need to buy a new convertible for some one. Our babies usually start out in the 7-8 lb range and quickly chunk up and outgrow the infant seat around 4 mo.

A Radian is probably out of our price range. I had planned to buy a Scenera with the 40 lb rf'ing limit for the baby; but I haven't been able to find one? The Guide65 seems nice? Or another CA? I'm really just out of the convertible seat loop, so any suggestions would be helpful. I'm not really looking at a Britax seat or a MR. We have a Classic Marathon expiring in December. Not enough rfing height for our kiddos.

We have a Chrysler T&C with captains in the 2nd row and the 50/50 split bench in the 3rd row. Right now dd is in the third row and the boys are in the captains; but I'm not sure how this will work when yds outgrows the infant seat. So puzzling recommendations would be welcome. My dh tried switching the captains and bench to see if I could get 3 across; but the Nauti was too wide for any configuration I tried with any of these seats; CA, Scenera, Uptown, Discovery. I didn't try with the Turbo, because she wasn't sitting still at that point to consider full time boostering. We only have one vehicle so the car seats are rarely moved.

Thanks!

ADS

Jessica61624

I would recommend the evenflo Titan 65. It will be out by the time you need it. 40lbs rf, 65lbs FF and 19in top slots(taller than the nautilus!). Price range is $79-99.

henrietta

I would recommend the evenflo Titan 65. It will be out by the time you need it. 40lbs rf, 65lbs FF and 19in top slots(taller than the nautilus!). Price range is $79-99.

I haven't heard this yet. Where did you hear that they are revamping the Titan to have 19" top slots? I can't imagine that it could be done that easily...it's not a big seat at all...I'd think they'd just make a whole new seat or they'd base one that size on the Triumph/Momentum. The new Titans went to 50 lbs a while back, but I didn't think they made them taller or with taller top slots. What did I miss?

Thanks!

henrietta

Jessica61624

henrietta said:
I haven't heard this yet. Where did you hear that they are revamping the Titan to have 19" top slots? I can't imagine that it could be done that easily...it's not a big seat at all...I'd think they'd just make a whole new seat or they'd base one that size on the Triumph/Momentum. The new Titans went to 50 lbs a while back, but I didn't think they made them taller or with taller top slots. What did I miss?

Thanks!

henrietta

http://carseatblog.com/17709/with-love-pictures-from-lifesavers-orlando/

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
henrietta said:

Thanks!

henrietta

Remember how Evenflo had both the Triumph (triumph 5, LX, DX, etc etc)that was wildly popular then came out with the Triumph Advance that was totally different (better, but different for the average person)? This is the same company, don't forget. :rolleyes: I don't know why they just call a new seat by a new name, and only use one name per seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC