Car seat help

sting19

Hello -

So I am looking to see what car seats fit 3 across four our 3 yeard old and our almost 1 year old twins. We currently have a diono radian r120 booster that is for our daughter and 2 rear facing chicco key fits for our 11 month old twin boys. My wife has an 08 Ford Taurus. We are keeping the booster for our daughter just wondering what convertible car seats will work with the Diono for rear facing our boys? I know the radian r120 rxt works, but looking to see if there is anything cheaper out there? Thank you in advance for your help

Jeff

ADS

sting19

Thank you for responding. I don't know what you mean by adding the harness back in? or what that will do? We are leaving the 3rd old in her booster and we need 2 other car seats for the twins but they need to be 17'' wide. Any thoughts on what will work with the current set up?

Thanks,

MotoMommaNH

The Radians are considered convertible car seats because they can be used rear facing and forward facing. They do have a booster option but is virtually unusable because the weight minimum is 50lbs (can't remember height minimum). So when you refer to it as a booster, we assume you've taken the harness out and converted it to using as a seat belt positioning booster? We do not recommend putting a 3year old in booster seats because even of they reach the minimum requirements, they are much safer at that age in a five point harness.

Perhaps the terminology is being confused though...?

aeormsby

Maybe we're confusing terms. A 3yo in a booster (using the vehicle seatbelt, not the 5-point harness) is not safe. The Radian is a convertible seat (Rear facing & Forward facing harnessed seat) with the option of a booster if the child is more than 50lb. We're just trying to confirm how your 3yo is using the seat.

For a narrow convertible the Evenflo Sureride might be a good option that is less expensive than the Radian.

MotoMommaNH

Also, I know a friend had recent luck with a Harmony Defender (harnessed forward facing seat) for her 3 year old next to a Radian rear facing for her littlest one all in a 2002 Camry.
You could pass down one Radian to the 11 month old and buy another for the rear facing kiddos then pick up a Harmony Defender for $100 at Walmart.com for the three year old.

Just a thought!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC