Car seat for 2012 Honda pilot

U

Unregistered

Hello. My little guy is 17 months old. Hes on the lower end of scale for height and weight (about 20th percentile). He's currently in a britax that is due to expire in 2016. I drive a 2012 Honda Pilot. Other passengers include my six year old who's in a high back booster. What convertible seat do you recommend for my vehicle? I want to take advantage of the car seat trade sale going on at babies r us. 😀
Thanks in advance.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

CCLM831

Car seat recommendation for 2012 honda pilot

17 month old currently in britax due to expire in 2016. I want to take advantage of the car seat trade sale going on at babies r us. What seat do you recommend for my vehicle? I am willing to spend up to $300. Little one is on the lower end of the scale (around 20th percentile) for height and weight. He was around 23 lbs at his 15 month check up. Other passengers include 6 year old in high back booster.
Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
When in 2016 will your Britax expire? Does your son still fit in it? BRU does another trade-in in January/February, so it might be best for you to wait, if possible. New seats are often "unveiled" at the ABC Expo in October.

If he will outgrow it before the winter trade-in, or your current seat is expiring right away in Jan, then I agree that this would be a good time to get a new seat. Your vehicle is also one that is good for car seats, if I recall correctly. The Graco 4ever is a great seat and retails at about $300 just about everywhere. The Chicco Nextfit is one of my favorites too. I like the Britax seats, but they are often "full price" at BRU (whereas elsewhere they are deeply discounted) and so I would make sure to check your math before using a trade-in coupon for one of them.

Really, at your budget, there are plenty of great seats. I would recommend trying them out in your car and seeing which one you like best.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC