Car seat for 2 yo RF???

#1babysitter

I feel so dumb right now because a couple of weeks ago I sold most of my spare car seats because I really never used them and wanted the extra $$. Well I need spares for next Monday with the 2 and 4 year old kids I'm a nanny for. I have Nautilus for the 4 yo to use but nothing for the 2 yo! Here are my options: 1. Buy Marathon from friend (3 yrs old, no accidents, trust it) 2. Evenflo SurRide 3. Something else

WHAT WOULD YOU DO!? E is 27 months, 28 pounds, 35 inches, 13 inch torso

Thanks!

ADS

MotoMommaNH

2 yr old rear faces right? I'd buy the SureRide...there are usually really good deals out there on them and I think it'd last longer and be more versatile for your needs for the money.

baby hungry

I just bought a pavillion last week for my 2 year old. I like it, but I think she misses the viewing ability of her marathon. We bought a new seat for her because her marathon expired.

Last edited:

#1babysitter

You only need these for one day? Can you borrow the Marathon or use the kid's own seat?

I'm sure I will use it again in the future so that's why I was just going to buy instead of borrow. I would borrow the seat in his mom's car but that means I would have to install it in my car that morning with the kids dad there and he doesn't agree with RF so don't want to do that especially since he might offer to install it for me and he would FF! If I come with seats already installed he doesn't care.

With the SureRide can you only use the bottom 3 harness slots to RF?

Also, the car I will have is a Kia Optima and in the past when I have used it I had a really hard time getting good car seat installs with a Meastro, Scenera, and FF Radian. Does anyone have this car and either a RF SureRide or Evenflo Triumph ( if I for decide to borrow mom's seat for him)??

#1babysitter

2 yr old rear faces right? I'd buy the SureRide...there are usually really good deals out there on them and I think it'd last longer and be more versatile for your needs for the money.

Yes he is RF! Yeah for the price I think it's a great and long lasting seat! Do you have experience with it? Do you think if I ever needed it could fit in a 3 across?

Jeni-GAcpst

I vote SureRide too.

The harness is super tall for FFing. In my car, the harness slots are taller than the frontier by about 3" due to the angle of child's tailbone when sitting.

The bottom 3 harness slots may only be used RFing. The 4th slot may also be used RFing. The 4th-6th slots are available for FFing.

As to a 3-across, it would depend on the other seats. I don't think it's going to happen with a nautilus and SureRide. Unless your third is a Combi Coccoro or maybe a bubble bum booster. Off the top of my head, I can't think of what the sureride puzzles with. A more narrow combo seat and a thin third seat should work with a SureRide though.
I'll have to play with SureRide puzzling...

#1babysitter

Thanks everyone!! I'm going to go with the SureRide! I think for the money it's a great long lasting lightweight seat. Thanks for clearing up the harness slot use and etc!

Now, does anyone know a website/store where I can get a good deal on one? I need somewhere with fast shipping since I need it for next Monday! Walmart has it online for $80 but it's the pink one and although E won't mind who knows what future nanny kiddo I will use it with! Not all boys, or girls for that matter, like pink!

Jeni-GAcpst

Diapers.com looks like $92. If you sign up for a free email address (gmail, yahoo, etc) you could sign up for diapers.com as a new customer and get 30% off with coupon code SAVE0378. That brings it down to about $65 with 2-day shipping.
:)

Key lime pie

If you sign up for amazon mom (it's free) you can get the sure ride for $93.30+ 20% off (with coupon code BABY0913) so it would be $74.64 before tax and it should be free shipping. If you have prime (or know someone who does) you can get it in 2 days.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC