Bugaboo Frog, should I get it?

Ahzryn

I've been hunting for a parent-facing stroller. That's really my biggest criteria. DH and I are both tall, so taller handles are important as well. I am NOT looking for the last stroller I'll ever buy, as I have resigned myself that he'll pretty much outgrow anything that switches facing by 2 or so. :(

So, given that, I stumbled across a Bugaboo Frog on CL about an hour away from me for $180. It has the frame, canopy, seat, and basket. My baby is currently 4 months old, so what do you think, worth it for about 2 years of use? Do you think it would be ok for a tall parent (my inseam is 36", long stride)?

If not, any other suggestions? I found a Safety First Indigo on CL for $45, but the seller never responded so that's apparently out. At that price I was willing to give it a shot! I also found an open box Britax B-Ready for about $300. Our local BRU has the new Graco Modes which I really liked for $225, but it just kills me to not get something on sale or use a coupon, and, well, it's evil BRU. :p They also apparently have a Peg Perego Switch 4 which I need to go back and look more closely at.

WWYD?

ADS

ebp913

What's your price range? I think the Baby Jogger Versa would last a lot longer than age 2 but it's more expensive. However it has a lot of really nice features that might be worth it to you. It's one of the few strollers than can fold with the seat parent facing.

Ahzryn

Huh, that's another one I hadn't heard of. Off to research!

Oh, and I really don't have a price range, I'll just be stalking CL for the pricey ones. I just need to know what to look for!

Sadly I do like the cheap Graco stroller from the travel system ok. It lays flat, is easy to fold, and the fabric is really nice (Rittenhouse). I just hate the fact that I can't see my baby, and you can't get to the basket underneath without raising the back and waking him up.

Thanks for the suggestion!

kaharris83

Versa for sure. I had a Frog 2 years ago and hated the 2 piece fold. I have a Versa and my 38" 3 year old has plenty of room. It's a great stroller. He likes to parent face at 3. It's a great one handed push with him too and he's about 35lbs.

Ahzryn

Darn it, much like a Britax convertible I really wanted to hear this would be a good choice for that $180 price. Guess I'm hearing no. :(

I went back to BRU, and despite what the website said they had no Pegs (really wanted to try a Switch in person), struck out there. I tried the Mama and Papa Sola, and the stride is too short on it, so that's a no go for sure. Still like the Graco Modes, holy heck does that have a canopy on it! But it IS typical flimsy Graco. They didn't have the B-Ready, just the B-Agile, and no Baby Jogger Versa or City Select.

No Versas on CL or Amazon open box, so doesn't look like I can score a deal on one right now, but everything I've read sounds like it would be great. Only issue is my baby is 4 months, and they recommend 6+.

I'll keep searching.

bella_1818

I bought a cameleon for upcoming baby, then sold it and bought a B-Ready.

REALLY check the brake and fold buttons if you get the frog. I found the cameleons fold to be so fiddly that I knew I wouldn't use it, and the break didn't work well. I didn't do my research prior to buying and bought a crappy one on accident.

wnkw

The b-ready is a beast! The only reason Ive kept it is bc dd can face me. I think I'd prefer the versa..

I do really like the b-ready for what it is. I think I'd like it better as a double though..

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Ahzryn

Ok...talk to me about the Peg Perego Switch Four? Reviews seem to be love/hate with nothing in between, but the feature list and YouTube of it look like exactly what I want. It reminds me of the KidCo I had and loved. Also, any clue about the differences between the 2010 Switch and the 2012 Switch Four? Are the 2013 out yet?

kaharris83

I've been using my Versa with my DS2 since he was 3 months old with no problems. I would have used it sooner but we didn't have it yet. It reclines just like the B-Ready so it would be the same with the B-Ready.

hiddensunshine

If you're looking for a newbie and want a bassinet, I would recommend the UppaBaby Vista. If not, their Cruz might be a good option to look at too. Both have the option for parent facing, have an adjustable handlebar with a long stride so you're not kicking the back, huge basket, and huge canopy. They're fairly versatile, and could last past 2 for sure. Hope that helps!

Eta: we also tried the M&P Sola and HATED it. I feel your pain- I whack my toes/shins on most strollers.

ebp913

Only issue is my baby is 4 months, and they recommend 6+.

I'll keep searching.

I think you would be fine. The B-ready says 6 months and I put my 3 month old in it and I am totally comfortable with that. He's super comfy and I use a Snuzzler because he is kind of small. I think those age limits are kinda silly to be honest.

Ahzryn

I ended up going with a NIB 2012 Switch Four in a discontinued color for $190 from Blinq. I've bought stuff of e-Bay from them before and been really happy, so hopefully that will continue. Here's hoping I'm one of the people who loves the stroller, and not one of the ones who hates it, lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC