Question Bubble Bum questions

Athena

Suzabanana, do you know if your Tribeca buckles are like the 2009-2013 generation Forester buckles? My kids sometimes ride in a Forester of that generation and those buckles are way down into the seat and can be difficult to buckle, both because they lack the flexibility of buckles on a stalk and because they like to retreat down into their holes. They're awful! In case, they are similar, I'll share what we've found. It's easier to buckle a booster on the passenger side than the driver side, especially if the center belt (that comes from the ceiling) isn't connected, but even if it is, it still seems to be easier. The turbo is nearly impossible to buckle in that vehicle. On the passenger side, my 6.5yo can buckle her PKWYSGL (newer 2013 model) by herself. It took a little practice, but now she can do it even with that weird center ceiling belt connected and in the way of her buckle.

I agree with Gigi's suggestion. That's what we had to do on the driver's side even with the PKWY.

HTH!

ADS

BananaBoat

Suzabanana, do you know if your Tribeca buckles are like the 2009-2013 generation Forester buckles? My kids sometimes ride in a Forester of that generation and those buckles are way down into the seat and can be difficult to buckle, both because they lack the flexibility of buckles on a stalk and because they like to retreat down into their holes. They're awful! In case, they are similar, I'll share what we've found. It's easier to buckle a booster on the passenger side than the driver side, especially if the center belt (that comes from the ceiling) isn't connected, but even if it is, it still seems to be easier. The turbo is nearly impossible to buckle in that vehicle. On the passenger side, my 6.5yo can buckle her PKWYSGL (newer 2013 model) by herself. It took a little practice, but now she can do it even with that weird center ceiling belt connected and in the way of her buckle.

I agree with Gigi's suggestion. That's what we had to do on the driver's side even with the PKWY.

HTH!
I'm guessing they are the same since it's a 2011 and they are as you've described. Her Turbo is on the passenger's side, but ti's still tough for her. I will totally try the socks thing! If that helps, it would be a lifesaver!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC