News britax bready green on wayfair

ADS

wnkw

I got it. Just called to check the condition and they basically told me nothing. It was my first time ordering from Wayfair..hopefully I wont be disappointed. I'm trying to convince myself that even with the 2012 coming out.. the older ones won't be clearanced that much.

YinzerMama

I really think the big difference is going to be the seat, and you can buy a new seat. it will work on the old frame but not as smooth as per britax. you can use the old cover but would have to remove and resew the new. Unless you don't care. I am skeptical the tires are going to make that big a difference. A lot of people have tire issues and I have a feeling down the line you will have them too - hopefully when you call for new ones they will send you the NEW ones. They are saying the problem with the old was a design flaw.

For 222 that is a STEAL.

I would love to know what amazon does with all the stuff that is returned to them... i wonder if it shows up on wayfair? When it comes let me know if the DOM is March 2011. :)

wnkw

Anyone know what the promotion is britax is coming out with? Someone posted it on fb but the link wont work. Britax says news to be released on april 2. Hope I didn't make the wrong choice! We need a carseat too!

YinzerMama

Janina I have not experienced it myself but people have had trouble with their tires/wheels getting very squeaky. The most specific I read is the outer and inner part of the wheel seperate and the "tire" moves without the wheel and this squeaks? I don't know for sure. Have not seen it first hand. The wheels are plastic with a thick outer foam part. The new ones are supposed to be more of a "one piece" design so I guess you won't have the seperation and squeaking?

I'm not sure how much it will add to the push of the stroller. Waiting on reivews from someone who has had both.

as for the promotion - I guess the store that listed it wasn't supposed to list it yet. Basically you were to create a baby registry and list one thing from each of 5 categories. There was a stroller category, a car seat category, a large accessory category, a small accessory category, and a baby carrier category. All Bob or Britax stuff. You had to recieve each item from the registry (I guess it had to be bought at that store) and then you had to mail in the UPC from the boxes and then you got a free blvd 70.

It seems like a promotion that targets a very specific group, ie the first time mom who has nothing... most people aren't in the market to buy that many big ticket items at once. (The Britax strollers were the B-ready or the b-agile DOUBLE, not single - then all Bob strollers) So MAYBE it's a good deal if you were gonna buy all that stuff anyway, but for most people, it's not a helpful deal IMO.

Not to mention it prevents comparison shopping to get the best deals and/or buying stuff used which would both more than add up to the cost of a car seat, in many cases.

Can't say I am impressed by this particular deal.

I expect it will result in a glut of "new in box" blvd70s and britax baby carriers on ebay and CL in a few months.

rxmommy

When will the new ones come out? I am really hoping Amazon runs the promo they did in the fall....but I am not optimistic with a new model coming out :( I'm not so sure I can justify such a fancy stroller for #4, but I don't have a double anymore and have a feeling I will really miss having one at times.

YinzerMama

Annie the reason I am so ticked about the changes is I bought this for #4 baking on resale to justify it. And they took a hit right out of the starting gate.

I highly doubt there will be a free ride with the new strollers.

Amazon has them for ore-order already though and red and twilight cost less than the others. Still expensive but less.

BritMum-in-US

Janina I have not experienced it myself but people have had trouble with their tires/wheels getting very squeaky. The most specific I read is the outer and inner part of the wheel seperate and the "tire" moves without the wheel and this squeaks? I don't know for sure. Have not seen it first hand. The wheels are plastic with a thick outer foam part. The new ones are supposed to be more of a "one piece" design so I guess you won't have the seperation and squeaking?

I'm not sure how much it will add to the push of the stroller. Waiting on reivews from someone who has had both.

as for the promotion - I guess the store that listed it wasn't supposed to list it yet. Basically you were to create a baby registry and list one thing from each of 5 categories. There was a stroller category, a car seat category, a large accessory category, a small accessory category, and a baby carrier category. All Bob or Britax stuff. You had to recieve each item from the registry (I guess it had to be bought at that store) and then you had to mail in the UPC from the boxes and then you got a free blvd 70.

It seems like a promotion that targets a very specific group, ie the first time mom who has nothing... most people aren't in the market to buy that many big ticket items at once. (The Britax strollers were the B-ready or the b-agile DOUBLE, not single - then all Bob strollers) So MAYBE it's a good deal if you were gonna buy all that stuff anyway, but for most people, it's not a helpful deal IMO.

Not to mention it prevents comparison shopping to get the best deals and/or buying stuff used which would both more than add up to the cost of a car seat, in many cases.

Can't say I am impressed by this particular deal.

I expect it will result in a glut of "new in box" blvd70s and britax baby carriers on ebay and CL in a few months.

:yeahthatmad: I had TERRIBLE rubbing/squeaking, even though they replaced the tires twice. I sold the darn thing. I haven't tried the new ones though.

rxmommy

back up- two in stock.

ack!!! thank you!!! now to make a decision FAST....the new seat sitting more upright would be nice but.....I know many people who love it just as is now!

I am not so concerned about resale value - I don't live in an affluent area where there's even a market for these strollers so I probably won't get more than $150ish on resale anyway....regardless of model. I can't even manage to sell my cheap stroller!:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC