Question Britax Blink vs. Joovy Kooper?

sherry7

Hello all. I'm a frequent lurker, but this is the first time I've posted. I'm hoping you all can help me with a stroller buying decision.

I already have a Peg Perego GT3 jogging stroller. It's built like a tank and I love it, but only when DH is around to wrestle with it, since it's super heavy to lift in and out of my SUV. Basically, we just use that stroller for outdoor festivals, etc.

I also had a Maclaren Quest. (Key word is "had".) The 3rd time I used it, the hinges partially collapsed with my baby sitting in it. I discovered that both hinges were missing a rivet, probably left out during factory assembly. Since I bought it (new) on eBay, Maclaren customer service wouldn't help me. The Quest has since went to Stroller Heaven...or perhaps Stroller He**? :rolleyes: I did like the stroller while it lasted though.

So, I need to replace the Quest. Obviously, after my experience, I don't want to purchase another Maclaren. Right now, I'm thinking about either the Britax Blink or the Joovy Kooper. Both are priced good at Albee. The Blink seems to be almost exactly like the Quest I had. The Kooper catches my eye because of the huge sunshade, as well as the cool style of it.

Some notes:
*Baby is almost 5 months old.
*Would like to stay around $100-$150 price range.
*Infrequent use for mall, Disney, etc (will use the Peg for outdoorsy things).
*Hoping my stroller purchase will last from now until 5-6 years old.

Which one would you recommend for us...the Blink or the Kooper? Or, is there another great stroller in this price that I'm missing? Thanks for your help. :)

ADS

Athena

I also had a Maclaren Quest. (Key word is "had".) The 3rd time I used it, the hinges partially collapsed with my baby sitting in it. I discovered that both hinges were missing a rivet, probably left out during factory assembly. Since I bought it (new) on eBay, Maclaren customer service wouldn't help me. The Quest has since went to Stroller Heaven...or perhaps Stroller He**? :rolleyes: I did like the stroller while it lasted though.

Did you report this to the CPSC? When you have a dangerous product experience like that, you can report it to the CPSC online at CPSC.gov. It is really easy and could save a baby from injury or worse. I encourage you to do so, especially when the manufacturer does not respond responsibly. Manufacturers are required by law to report incidents like this to the CPSC, but given the way Maclaren responded to you, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do that. Of course it is always possible the Maclaren you bought off ebay is a fake, even more reason to say something. Unfortunately, if the stroller is gone they won't be able to collect it for research. There could be a bad batch out there that need to be fixed.

kidnurse

We have a Kooper and a Baby Jogger City Mini. After a move, for some reason, I got out of the habit of using the BJCM for months even though DS was just a little over a year. I got the Kooper when we went on vacation because I really wanted a basket for the airports. Now that we are home I never use the Kooper anymore, unless we go somewhere that I need to leave it unattended because I wouldn't be devistated if someone walked away with it. I don't know the price range on the City Mini and I have no experience with the Blink, although I did see one IRL the other day and I like the looks of it. Anyway, I would not buy another Kooper personally. I liked the sun shade on it too, however I will say the sun shade on the BJCM is even bigger.

ericsmom99

I had the Joovy Kooper and didn't love it. I liked the way it looked and I liked the sun shade but I thought it was hard to push as the baby got heavier and I dont think it steered well. I replaced it with a city mini and LOVE it! The shade is bigger I think and it pushed really well. Folding it is a breeze too, which makes it perfect for Disney etc.

katieskrew

I just got the Blink and I really like it for a light weight stroller. It doesn't have parent/child cup holders but that hasn't bothered me yet. Another bad review I read was that if you are on the shorted side it is hard to push. I am 5'6 and have no problem pushing it, DH is 6'1 and LOVES it! There is an excellent video review on Amazon.

Athena

I just got the Blink and I really like it for a light weight stroller. It doesn't have parent/child cup holders but that hasn't bothered me yet. Another bad review I read was that if you are on the shorted side it is hard to push. I am 5'6 and have no problem pushing it, DH is 6'1 and LOVES it! There is an excellent video review on Amazon.

Slightly off topic, but if you're looking for a cup holder, I use the very inexpensive Lionheart Click n Go Cup Holders on my Maclaren strollers (double and single) and they fit the frame well. I think the Blink frame is the same. They are inexpensive and not fancy at all, but that's all I needed. I like that I can install the little connector and then I just snap on the cup holder or whatever accessory I want to use on the spot. However, they are not fancy at all and some people don't like them because they seem too cheap. I was just happy to find something easy and inexpensive that works. :) I've used them for a couple years without breaking and even threw them in the gate check bag with my stroller when I flew and they came back fine. Of course, maybe you don't want a cup holder anyway, but just in case, HTH. :)

I got the Munchkin cup holder for another stroller and am curious to see which ones it fits on. If anyone wants to know if that one fits the Mac (hence probably the blink too), just let me know. :)

katieskrew

Slightly off topic, but if you're looking for a cup holder, I use the very inexpensive Lionheart Click n Go Cup Holders on my Maclaren strollers (double and single) and they fit the frame well. I think the Blink frame is the same. They are inexpensive and not fancy at all, but that's all I needed. I like that I can install the little connector and then I just snap on the cup holder or whatever accessory I want to use on the spot. However, they are not fancy at all and some people don't like them because they seem too cheap. I was just happy to find something easy and inexpensive that works. :) I've used them for a couple years without breaking and even threw them in the gate check bag with my stroller when I flew and they came back fine. Of course, maybe you don't want a cup holder anyway, but just in case, HTH. :)

I got the Munchkin cup holder for another stroller and am curious to see which ones it fits on. If anyone wants to know if that one fits the Mac (hence probably the blink too), just let me know. :)

Thank you! I will have to check that out. I just got it a week or so ago and just mostly used it for walks around the neighborhood so I haven't really needed one yet, but I'm sure it will be nice to have.

Athena

Thank you! I will have to check that out. I just got it a week or so ago and just mostly used it for walks around the neighborhood so I haven't really needed one yet, but I'm sure it will be nice to have.

You're welcome. Kinda funny because I just noticed a review on amazon saying that the PL click n Go does not work on the Macs :confused:, yet I installed those connectors a couple years ago and they are still holding on strong. I was looking because I was thinking about upgrading to the insulated cup holder because it is only $5.47 right now on amazon (or price matched on diapers.com). If you get one and have any trouble with it, feel free to PM me with any questions or even for a pic of how mine are on.

luckyclov

I hate Macs. I've had 2 and they were both crap. And Mac CS is a bigger pile of crap. I know they're well liked by many, but not me.

The only Joovy I've had experience with was the Caboose, and I didn't like that much, either. I wouldn't quite call it crap, but I also wouldn't buy a Joovy...based on the Caboose.

Now, the Blink. I've never been a huge fan of Britax strollers, but when the Blink came out and was in Cowmoo, I haaaaaaaaad to have it. I freaking LOVE it. And I'm hard to please in the stroller department. I'm 5'2" and have no issues pushing. My DH has no problems pushing. It's smooth, it's sturdy, it's cute, it's easy to use, decent canopy (could be better, but it's still good), great/easy recline, nice harness and adjustments, zipper pocket, carry handle and bag, good sized backet for an umbrella, adjustable foot rest thingie, 55-lb weight limit (but, in all honesty, I've had my 60+ lb 7.5-yr old in it with no huge struggle). Yeah, there's no parent cupholder...oh well. You can buy an aftermarket one (yes, they DO work).

Love the Blink.:thumbsup:

Athena

clov878 - Hi. I'd love to hear more about why you like the Blink better than the Macs. What Mac(s) are you comparing it to. Is the blink most similar to the Mac Quest? I am not feeling the Mac love right now either. ;) Thanks.

luckyclov

I like the Blink better than Macs simply by default. My Blink, thus far, isn't a squeaky-wheeled-broken-harness-and-canopy hunk of overpriced crap after just a couple months of use. And Britax's Customer Service isn't a bunch of useless buttrockets. In case you can't tell, I had a really bad experience with first 2, and last 2, Macs (Techno & Quest) I've had.

I do find the Blink to be very similar to the Quest/Triumph, however.

Last edited:

Athena

Okay, since I did mention it, I thought I should report back. I did find a location I could make the Munchkin cup holder work on my mac and be able to leave the mounting piece attached to the frame without it interfering with the fold. I mounted it on the rounded piece that angles down at 45 degrees and it must be mounted with the strap facing the back where the two metal supports go together when folded. No idea if that made any sense (it is late :eek:). Although I like the look of the Munchkin, I think the PL might work better on the Mac, or maybe I just think that because that is what I am used to using. :shrug-shoulders: HTH

dragonmama

I had a blink and the folding mechanism in the back snapped in half! After only 5 months of relatively light use, since we are mostly babywearers. Britax is replacing it for free, and they did not ask me to prove that I am the first owner, though or anything else. I am still waiting on the replacement. Up until that point we had been fairly happy with it.

luckyclov

I am also a mostly a babywearer, so my Blink has gotten some use, but not overly so...I may hate it later, but as of now, it's been one of my favorite lightweights. I had both Macs with my daughter, who is 6 now, and she loved the stroller, so they were used more frequently (though I regret not wearing her also...but that's a story for another day:p).

andre149

I agree on the Blink. We actually just bought one for Peg, who is a 95th percentile 2 year old and she has TONS of growing room in this stroller. Comparably speaking... she doesn't even fit in a regular umbrella stroller anymore lol. The folding mechanism is a little weird to get used to, I kept forgetting to unlatch the second part... but that is really my only complaint. It pushes easy, steers easy, has plenty of room... and our 2 year old even napped in it for 2 hours while we were on Mackinac Island :)

As far as the cupholders, we got one of the SK Buggy Buddies, it just velcros on and has been great.

marjen

I had a blink and the folding mechanism in the back snapped in half! After only 5 months of relatively light use, since we are mostly babywearers. Britax is replacing it for free, and they did not ask me to prove that I am the first owner, though or anything else. I am still waiting on the replacement. Up until that point we had been fairly happy with it.

I've read reviews that talked about this...and this is one of the reasons I hesitate to buy a Blink. The Macs aren't perfect, but they have been around a while, and have a good track record. I guess I feel like the Blinks haven't been around long enough to show long-term durability. The ones on Albee Baby for $79.99 are mighty tempting though :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC