Boulevard Installation Question - plastic touching base

harumpha

I now have a Boulevard installed in my center seat on my 2013 Honda Odyssey. It doesn't give much movement and I am overall happy with the install EXCEPT part of the plastic on the seat is touching the base. I can't get an excellent picture of it. I started with installing via LATCH, but then read that a better install was with the belt lock off, so I essentially have both going on now, rather than taking the LATCH off. Can someone please advise if this plastic touching the base is ok or not? (Ok, no idea how to get pics to show anyone, I can't add them to the post nor can I get my signature to display, so maybe if you don't mind, post these to your browser (pinky swear they are just pics of my car seat!!!)

http://i46.tinypic.com/33z42l3.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/167ul39.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/10eknco.jpg

Thank you one million! I NEED to use this seat, and am having a heck of a time getting a good RF install :(

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Stelvis

Which style Boulevard is it? The newer Boulevard 70 or an older one with a white plastic base? Rear facing or forward facing?

You can't have it installed with both seatbelt and LATCH at the same time.

nataliem257

I'm having a hard time imagining what you're describing, what do you mean by part of the plastic of the seat? It might help if you give the date of manufacture ( its on the side of he seat) so we know which model it is. As for the installation, you can never use the latch and the seat belt at the same time, it's one or the other, and in my opinion the latch install is way easier. Just click them in, lean in with your knee in the seat, pull the slack out and you're good to go.

harumpha

Thanks for the replies!

Here is a picture of the seat without a seat installed. I am installing a brand new Boulevard (manu 12/2012) 70-G3. It seems to be about 10" across the back of the base, which looks about the same as the front. I know a latch install can be just fine on its own, but there was a thread on this where the tech could only get a good install with the lock offs.

Here is a pic of the seat:

021.jpg

The plastic piece is not part of the hinge, but it is part of the seat, kind of by the start of the tape measure.

From that same blog (http://carseatblog.com/8090/2011-ho...ids-carseats-review-with-tons-of-pics-videos/), the tech could not get a good install on the Boulevard, but could with the Graco My Ride. I have a new one sitting in a box here, and it is a full inch wider than the Britax base, so that can't mean anything. The install really is good now, other than the plastic part component. If that weren't sticking up like that, I would have no question on whether the install is good, but presumably plastic would break pretty easily in a crash! And the 2013 interior is the same for this seat.

Thank you again!!!

Oh, and NOW my signature works, maybe just not for the first post?

Stelvis

In that review she's talking about the old style Britax convertibles with the white base. It is not the same as yours. Your new G3 will go in that spot with LATCH just fine. My next gen Boulevard 70 is installed rear facing in that exact spot in my '11 Odyssey which has the same middle seat you have.

Try threading the LATCH straps through to the inside of the seat through the seat cover and then pulling from the inside rather than the outside. It's a little extra leverage to get it tighter.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC