Booster w/high harness weight, converts to HBB, then LBB?

shelbyscout

Got in a fender bender today, oops. Insurance wants to replace the occupied Radian 80. DS is 5yo and 46#. I'd love a booster with a high harness weight that can then convert to a HBB and again to a LBB. I see that the Harmony Defender meets these requirements, but we're in a Mazda5 and I saw another thread where the poster couldn't get a secure fit in a Mazda5.

Has anyone gotten a good Defender fit in a Mazda5?

Any other booster suggestions? Hoping to keep it as portable as possible among different vehicles.

ADS

MommyShannon

The Evenflo SecureKid, Nautilus, and Frontier would be my top choices. The Frontier doesn't become a no back booster but it's very easy to install. No back boosters are cheap anyway. I really like the nautilus too and it does all those things.

jess71903

Ambassador
I agree with the above, and will add the Recaro ProSport/Performance Sport. It doesn't become a backless either, but as Shannon said, no biggie because backless boosters are cheap. I LOVE my ProSport.

shelbyscout

Thank you so much! I've ordered an Evenflo SecureKid, as it seems to fit well with the budget from the insurance.

And I also want to give a general thank you to this board! I found it when I was pregnant with DS and checked again after we adopted our DD and now again. Without you I never would have known you could rear-tether a Radian, and of course the importance of rf well past 1 year or even 2! DD is 2y 8mo and will be riding backwards for as long as possible :).

henrietta

Thank you so much! I've ordered an Evenflo SecureKid, as it seems to fit well with the budget from the insurance.

And I also want to give a general thank you to this board! I found it when I was pregnant with DS and checked again after we adopted our DD and now again. Without you I never would have known you could rear-tether a Radian, and of course the importance of rf well past 1 year or even 2! DD is 2y 8mo and will be riding backwards for as long as possible :).

We love our Evenflo Secure Kid, except that it has a tough buckle. Hopefully, the new ones do not. BUT it does not become a backless, just an FYI. I don't care about that and strongly encourage people NOT to take that into consideration when looking at or purchasing combo seats. Backless boosters are so, so cheap! Hope you like it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC