Question Booster suggestions for 8.8yo

lovemyfamily

DS#2 is 8.8 yo and is in 2nd grade. He is currently riding in a Britax Regent but I really feel like I need to take him out of it. He looks too big and honestly I feel he is now mature enough to sit in a booster full time. When he rides with my DH is his truck or our spare car, he sits in a Recaro Vivo, it seems to fit him. He is about 62lbs. and 51inches. He is leggy, more than a long torso.
I'd like to get him a new seat for my car, rather than just putting the Vivo in there, or get him a new seat for the spare car, we like to have 2 sets of seats for the older 2. BUT, we also have the Parkway that my oldest son is now to big for. It isn't a newer 1 though, I actually should check the date on it. IF it has not expired, should I just put him in that in my car, or in the Recaro in my car? I like that some of the newer seats have the loop for the seatbelt, but he is 9, isn't like he is a 4yo or something. What are your thoughts?
Thanks!

ADS

ginny4

what's a loop for the seatbelt you're talking about?

if the parkway is not expired then its a perfectly good choice for your son in either car.

babyherder

Do you mean the slide guard? The piece that goes between the child's legs and holds the seat belt. Kind of like a crotch strap.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
My almost 9 year old sits in a old style parkway in dh's car. It is truly one of my fav boosters of all times. I love it. She also sits in a Monterey which is also one of my fav boosters of all times!

lovemyfamily

So do Britax boosters expire after 6 years? It's Dom is 9/2006.
If so, it's done come September this year. Our Regent expires 3/2013. Just pulled the beast out of my car, & when he gets home, gonna try him in both the Recaro & Britax & see what I like him in best in my car. The extra seat will go in DH truck, airport car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC